cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei 5G?

DanCom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If TELUS proceeds with Huawei 5G deal, my business here at Public Mobile will stop. You have a great service, but I will vote with my dollars. I have many friends on Public and TELUS who feel the same way. 

Please forward to your management representatives. 

Dan

11 REPLIES 11

@sheytoon wrote:

@Gavin7 There's a lot more than 3 frequencies for 5G. What is scary about mmWave exactly? And what does any of this have to do with Huawei?

Because of crap FUD sites like this that the sheep read... https://emrabc.ca/?page_id=9288

@Gavin7 There's a lot more than 3 frequencies for 5G. What is scary about mmWave exactly? And what does any of this have to do with Huawei?

Gavin7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just to clarify 5G is 5 generation not and has nothing to do with frequency there are actually three different frequencys that can be used for 5G one that is about the same freq as regular cell phones one that is about the same as wifi and the the SUPER SCARY ONE 🙄 that is very high frequency however the highest frequency one is very inconvenient to use in rural or semi rural so most of us will probably get the lower two.  Near me (I’m rural) Rogers is supposed to be putting in a 5G tower but considering the population vs terrain I Highly Doubt they will put in the high frequency one…..

my .02

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Coronavirus is caused by 5G too! 😉 What a bunch of malarkey... FUD by people who don't know how radio transmissions work... for your entertainment:

https://youtu.be/4vHx-UyIM9M

Dbx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Here is something about to break. Is this true? Telus is talking about setting up 5g in the fall...

https://dailytimes.com.pk/558027/switzerland-orders-5g-halt-amid-serious-health-concerns/

Following from https://ehtrust.org/international-actions-to-halt-and-delay-5g/

Nigerian Government said it has not issued any licence for the deployment of the 5G network in the country.

March 2020: Slovenia halts 5G

PaPau New Guinea 1/2/2020 Post Courier: Minister Masiu halts 5g trials amid health risk debate  

Greece:  The Kalamata City Council decided not to continue the 5G pilot program after a three hour debate

Ireland: There are 26 counties in Ireland and 6 have voted to stop 5G.

Belgium: 4/2020 Belgian telco Proximus will halt 5G network deployment in the city of Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve to hold a Town Hall to address all health concerns of citizens
Brussels: Radiation concerns halt Brussels 5G development, for now, HLN Brussels Times, 01/04/2019

Italy: As of March 27, 2020 there were 180 municipalities in Italy opposing 5G.

United Kingdom: The following City Councils have passed motions to halt 5G until safety data provided: Brighton, Hove, Devonshire, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, Frome, Totnes, Wells, Glastonbury, Trafford. 

Netherlands, Chamber wants radiation research first, then 5G network, AD News, 04/04/2019

Slovenia: Website of Organization:  Movement for Technology Kind to Human (Gibanje za cloveku prijazno tehnologije) 

Russia: The Ministry of Defense refused to transmit to the operators the frequencies for 5G, Vedomosti, 28/03/2019

Holland: Dutch house of representatives is concerned about the health risks of radiation from the new 5G network. Political parties want to know as a matter of urgency what the 5G dangers are before 5G is rolled out on a large scale.

@DanCom wrote:

If TELUS proceeds with Huawei 5G deal, my business here at Public Mobile will stop. You have a great service, but I will vote with my dollars. I have many friends on Public and TELUS who feel the same way. 

Dan

I feel that data amounts are far more important than the network type or data speeds. I would say that until cell phone carriers start offering "proper" data amounts, amounts that could even replace home internet, increased speeds aren't going to do much for most customers.

As for Huawei and privacy concerns, do any of us have any concrete evidence of anything? As for not wishing to do business with Telus, I'm not sure if that will also extend to Bell if the networks end up being shared. Freedom Mobile has always had a cozy relationship with Huawei. Who's left? Has Rogers ever used any Huawei equipment? 

@CannonFodder wrote:

@DanCom wrote:

If TELUS proceeds with Huawei 5G deal, my business here at Public Mobile will stop.

Please do elaborate on why, if you're so inclined..... I'd be interested to hear the reasoning.

@CannonFodder   My guess is that OP's concerns centre around the security/spying risks associated with Huawei based upon the Chinese government's interest and perhaps control of corporations based there. 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@DanCom wrote:

If TELUS proceeds with Huawei 5G deal, my business here at Public Mobile will stop.

Please do elaborate on why, if you're so inclined..... I'd be interested to hear the reasoning.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Definitely  @DanCom money does talk🤔🤔👍👍 Glad that you are here with us until Huawei 5G is rolled out in Canada.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Making political statements here will fall on deaf ears.  This topic is well above the pay grade of those who use or run this community forum.  Take this up with the feds.  If the feds can't do anything about it, customers taking a political stand won't do anything.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@DanCom wrote:

Dan

@DanCom   This is community forum and everyone here are customers like yourself and we have no input into what business decisions Telus and it's subsidiaries make. 

You should contact Telus directly and voice your concerns to their headquarters.  I'm sure a quick Google search will elicit an address for you to send your message.

Need Help? Let's chat.