cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update a ticket?

CellphoneuserPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I opened a ticket on Sept-9-2019 regaurd a problem with porting my number. i received a SMS message stating my number was ported but the phone was not working with that number. about 15minutes later the number was working but I have an open ticket 99951-156 that I would like to notify Public mobile can be closed as the port is now working.

Can a PM ticket be updated ?

16 REPLIES 16

@darlicious PM is (in)famous for its cute, as well as bloody annoying, quirks. Since you are in a learning mode here's my Bugs/Quirks List Updated Feb/19

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/view-usage-history/m-p/416131/highlight/tr...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite  @Jb456 

Thank you for the tutorials it really does help and I'm happy to be your guinea pig. Maybe I can be quite useful in helping the technologically challenged users and help give confidence to people like me to give pm a chance.  Your encouragement and support is most appreciated after a bit of a disheartening day yesterday.

@Luddite wrote:

@darlicious This is how I do it: 

To submit a ticket click the ? on the lower right of this page, enter "ticket", then click "Contact us", then click "Submit a ticket", and follow the directions to do so.

I did that it would only go to private message? Only worked by going thru help. Tried half a dozen times thru ? Just to be sure.

Again oops @Luddite 

Yes that did work...thanks. I still have to wait thru the frozen page issue to access Simon. The two ways to access Simon is confusing and have different set ups. I don't see the point of this or at the very least the ? Needs to be explained better. It come across as a shortcut to help. Not a direct way to message a moderator. Home are you supposed to know This? An icon with an envelope and mod on it would be better.

Oops forgot to quote... @Jb456 

@darlicious This is how I do it: 

To submit a ticket click the ? on the lower right of this page, enter "ticket", then click "Contact us", then click "Submit a ticket", and follow the directions to do so.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious 

I had a chance to play with SIMon today or you call him "simple Simon" lol.

I think I figured out an easier way to be able to write what you need in a ticket...Please test it out for me and see if it works out...as it's just a test STOP when you get to step 3 to verify identify so a ticket is not sent to moderators.

Ok so here it goes.

Open simple Simon

Type "ticket"

Simon will give the option to click "contact us".click it.

Next Simon with give link to open ticket.

Open ticket.

From drop down menu of issues select "other"

Then select."something else"

Now step 2 will show up..and give you an open box to write your issue.

Step 3 is certify identity (DONT DO THAT) cause it's just a test.

Step 4 would be ticket submited with a ticket reference number provided.

Well I tried...when it came to contact Simon offered it would only go to private message. Tried several times I could not get an open ticket. This was via the ? At the bottom right did you want me to try thru help?

@darlicious 

I had a chance to play with SIMon today or you call him "simple Simon" lol.

I think I figured out an easier way to be able to write what you need in a ticket...Please test it out for me and see if it works out...as it's just a test STOP when you get to step 3 to verify identify so a ticket is not sent to moderators.

Ok so here it goes.

Open simple Simon

Type "ticket"

Simon will give the option to click "contact us".click it.

Next Simon with give link to open ticket.

Open ticket.

From drop down menu of issues select "other"

Then select."something else"

Now step 2 will show up..and give you an open box to write your issue.

Step 3 is certify identity (DONT DO THAT) cause it's just a test.

Step 4 would be ticket submited with a ticket reference number provided.

When i sent a ticket via simple Simon the vague choices offered did not explain my issue. I simply followed up the ticket message with a private message quoting the reference number and adding all the relevant information. When the moderator got back to me she already had the information required to begin fixing my problem. 24 hours for the response 36 hours to resolution.

CellphoneuserPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What is the email I send a private address?

@chrismc wrote:

From my experience, once you open a ticket you must sit back and wait.....wait to be contacted by the Moderators.

There is no way to update the ticket you have opened, or to close it.
If you find one....I would like to use it!!!

From my experience, I have sent another message because my issue was resolved before receiving a response from the moderators (all within a 2-3 hour timeline).  The moderators responded to my second message and closed the file.  However, this was done via the regular method of contacting moderators just over a week ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

I opened a ticket on Sept-9-2019 regaurd a problem with porting my number. i received a SMS message stating my number was ported but the phone was not working with that number. about 15minutes later the number was working but I have an open ticket 99951-156 that I would like to notify Public mobile can be closed as the port is now working.

@CS_Agent 

Tagging doesn't normally do anything but at least it's one method. The other is maybe also send a private message to them saying something like CANCEL 99951-156. Of course for all you know they saw your ticket and resolved it. I haven't yet heard if they say the ticket is resolved.

Edit: Yow! ninja'd all over the place

chrismc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From my experience, once you open a ticket you must sit back and wait.....wait to be contacted by the Moderators.

There is no way to update the ticket you have opened, or to close it.
If you find one....I would like to use it!!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

@CellphoneuserPM  You should receive a private message from the Moderator_Team informing you that the port is complete. Check the envelope item for a red dot. If not you can contact the moderator team quote your ticket number and inform them that all is good.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

You can send another message include your reference/ticket number and advise that your issue is resolved and you no longer need assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.