cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer from koodo to public.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can i transfer from koodo to public mobile in walmart store or I can do it by myself online? or do I need to open the new account first then transfer the number from koodo?

4 REPLIES 4

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@zmh1175 Best option is to activate with a new number so you can verify the services before you transfer your number from Koodo. Once you are ready to transfer, you can do it yourself form your self-serve account that you will need to create. If you are coming from Koodo prepaid, there is something you need to know before you port as mentioned above. The porting from Koodo should be instant and it will start function within a few mins as their system are the same. 

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I transfered from Koodo to PM and did it all by myself. The procedure is just to open a new account wit a new number first, then proceed to porting your old number later.

My PM line became active overnight and never had any issue since then.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The answer is - depends

If you have a Koodo post-paid account, then you can do the port online by yourself, or at a store counter (Walmart) - it's up to you.

If you have a Koodo prepaid acocunt, then you need to:

- open a PM accounts with a temporary new number

- you then need to send a private message to the moderator and have them complete the port for you. 

The reason for the manual intervention of the prepaid accounts is due to the fact the Public Mobile and Koodo prepaid share the same backend accounting systems and some kind of similar regulatory registration

To send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@zmh1175 wrote:

Can i transfer from koodo to public mobile in walmart store or I can do it by myself online? or do I need to open the new account first then transfer the number from koodo?

@zmh1175Is it Koodo post-paid or pre-paid?

If this is prepaid, Koodo and PM are using the same back end so their automated number porting system is treating prepaid as the same provider. So you can get an error with the "Check eligibility".  You can get a temp number now and get it switch later. There are also problems like using the same e-mail address as your koodo account. For that you will be better off opening up a new account with a new phone number, then transfering the pre-paid koodo number after with moderator team assistance.

You can do it in store or online yourself.

Need Help? Let's chat.