cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer data (contacts, images, etc) from old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to new Xiaomi phone?

Ab555642
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Xiaomi move app does not work as the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is too old (i.e. not compatible). Help?

12 REPLIES 12

keaiman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Actually, if they are both in your hands, the easy way to transfer data (contacts, images, etc) from old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to new Xiaomi phone is using mobile phone transfer tool. With itshelp, you can transfer data like app, contacts, sms, music, photos, videos, books, call logs between them.

yale45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The easiest and fastest way to transfer data from Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to Xiaomi is

to ask Android Data Transfer for help.With it, you can simply plug two phones into the computer, and transfer contacts,images,etc,from Samsung to Xiaomi with one click.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tav wrote:

You can also use Googles messaging app which should back up your messages automatically as well. 

Google Messages

@Tav actually text messages don't sync through Google's services (UNLESS you use a Pixel phone--and apparently a handful of others--I can confirm SMS don't sync from my OnePlus 5T on Android 8.1).

@Ab555642 you would need a 3rd party app such as SMS Backup & Restore:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore. Here's a handy tutorial  https://www.howtogeek.com/272075/how-to-transfer-sms-messages-from-one-android-phone-to-another/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can try and use google to transfer all your data, if that does not work i reccomend you use xender, this app will allow you to transfer files, i will leave a link below for android phones "google play store" and a link to apple devices "App store" link. I hope this helps you out let me know,

Google play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.xender&hl=en_CA

Apple app store

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/xender-file-transfer-sharing/id898129576?mt=8

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ab555642 wrote:

btw, what about old text messages that I kept. How do I transfer them? Can't I use bluetooth or some software to transfer EVERYTHING from one phone to another? I'm not tech savvy at all.

The problem with transfering everything would be incompatibility between the older and newer software. Just make sure you are logged into Google play and most of your apps should download to the new device automatically. Don't discard your old phone until you are sure you have everything you need. Google is pretty good at doing it all automatically but some things may need to be done manually. 

Tav

You would need to download the apps on both of your phones. Do your old phone first and allow it time to back up. Then do your new phone.

You can also use Googles messaging app which should back up your messages automatically as well. 

Google Messages

Ab555642

btw, what about old text messages that I kept. How do I transfer them? Can't I use bluetooth or some software to transfer EVERYTHING from one phone to another? I'm not tech savvy at all.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ab555642 wrote:

No, I did not use Google Photos/Contacts. Straight up took pictures and added contacts on the phone over the years.

You can create a gmail account on your Samsung phone.  Enable to sync data between your Samsung phone and Google server.

Login to the same gmail account on you new phone.  Enable to sync data.  All your data stored at Google server will be moved to your new phone.

It is that easy.

Ab555642

Do I have to download the apps both on the old and new phone?

Tav

Thats fine. When you download those apps on your old phone it will guide you through backing up or do so automatically. Then when you use the new phone it will just pull the data from Googles online storage. 

Ab555642

No, I did not use Google Photos/Contacts. Straight up took pictures and added contacts on the phone over the years.

Tav

As long as you have logged in with Google on your old phone with Google Photos and Google Contacts then when you login with your new phone with the same apps they will automatically transfer the data. Make sure you have a WiFi connection for this as it will use a lot of data depending on how many pictures and such you have to backup.

Google Photos

Google Contacts

If you don't have a WiFi connection you can back up the data using a microSD card and switching that between the phones or plugging the phones into a computer via USB and transfering the data that way. I would write instructions on how to do this but the instructions would vary significantly depending on your computers operating system.

Need Help? Let's chat.