cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve a print out of all text messages.

nicholasaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to find way to retrieve all my text messages I’ve ever sent since I’ve been with public mobile including deleted messaged and all. Can anyone help me with how to go about this?

17 REPLIES 17

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Incredible that this thread is still going on.  Why?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

Unfortunately, since @nicholasaa is looking for the content of those messages, self serve usage history wouldn't help with that.

@computergeek541 precisely why @will13am noted that such a request is a waste of moderator time.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @nicholasaa,

You can access a 90 day history of text message event details (including the telephone numbers of the sender/receiver) on your Self Serve account under Usage History. If you need more than 90 days please reach out to the Moderator Team.

Privacy Legislation only permits Public Mobile to retain customer information for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose. Currently Public Mobile has no business purpose to keep text messaging content history and therefore to ensure we are compliant, we do not retain this information.

Hope this helps,

Camelia_<

Unfortunately, since @nicholasaa is looking for the content of those messages, self serve usage history wouldn't help with that.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @nicholasaa,

You can access a 90 day history of text message event details (including the telephone numbers of the sender/receiver) on your Self Serve account under Usage History. If you need more than 90 days please reach out to the Moderator Team.

Privacy Legislation only permits Public Mobile to retain customer information for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose. Currently Public Mobile has no business purpose to keep text messaging content history and therefore to ensure we are compliant, we do not retain this information.

Hope this helps,

Camelia_<

@nicholasaa  Sorry this took 6hrs and the 6th attempt to post to show up...the links won't work due to the screenshot but at least you can still type them in....Screenshot_20191116-230006.png

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @nicholasaa 

Please contact moderators 

I believe you should be able to retrieve them if you need it for court or something along those lines. 

Also I believe there is a charger for it. 

I'm not sure if it is public that has it but they should have contact number for you. I've heard this about 5 years ago, but since I was not involved I never followed up with it. I was first told it is an urban legend, but then the Rogers rep gave the person (I was helping at the time) the 1800 number. I have no contact with that person so I can't confirm. Worth a try.

Please let us know of the outcome either way

Thanks

I agree that there must be a way for Public Mobile to provide them, but I don't believe there to be even the slightly chance that the records will be provided without a court order or without law enforcement asking for it. @nicholasaa , I think you're going to be out of luck.

I believe you can request your own

The court order is needed to get another person's messages

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @nicholasaa 

I believe you should be able to retrieve them if you need it for court or something along those lines. 

I'm not sure if it is public that has it but they should have contact number for you. I've heard this about 5 years ago, but since I was not involved I never followed up with it. I was first told it is an urban legend, but then the Rogers rep gave the person (I was helping at the time) the 1800 number. I have no contact with that person so I can't confirm. Worth a try.

Thanks

I agree that there must be a way for Public Mobile to provide them, but I don't believe there to be even the slightly chance that the records will be provided without a court order or without law enforcement asking for it. @nicholasaa , I think you're going to be out of luck.

Hi @nicholasaa 

Keep typing' talk to human' until you get through

You can also send direct message, but no ticket is created here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@nicholasaa @Try "rep". The bot only understands short sentences. Once you create a ticket, the rep or moderator will understand your full question

After rep, click contact us and then submit ticket.

nicholasaa

Every time I try and ask the moderators they tell me to word the question different. How would I word it to make sense? It’s like a bot that I’m speaking to and I can’t make sense of it. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. 

@geopublic wrote:

@nicholasaa  I don't think that is possible. Best to submit a ticket to PM and verify.

PMST.png

Waste of moderator time.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nicholasaa , if you are running an android phone, use sms backup and restore app to save your text messages in an xml file which can be opened with pretty much any editor on a PC and printed.  

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nicholasaa 

Thanks

@nicholasaa wrote:

Do you know how to retrieve that from the cloud?

You would have had to set it up before hand.  Depends on which phone (iphone versus android), which cloud service, etc.  Might not even be possible.....  depends on how you backup your phone, etc....

nicholasaa

Do you know how to retrieve that from the cloud?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nicholasaa  I don't think that is possible. Best to submit a ticket to PM and verify.

PMST.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nicholasaa 

Text messages are not stored at Public mobile.  You need to access from your phone end.  Not sure if it is possible to retreive deleted text messages unless you backed them up yourself (ie. to cloud, etc.)  

Need Help? Let's chat.