cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reactivate a phone number

Halkese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody have any insight on how to reactivate a number that was deactivated yesterday?

Here's the details. My phone number (been the same for 15 years) has been active with public mobile for approx. the last year. I made the switch to rogers, for the infinite data, yesterday. Just a moment before i did so (litterally in the parking lot at rogers), i ported my wifes phone number from fido to my public mobile account (way better price than fido and wanted to retain my rewards), which deactivated my phone number and made it impossible for rogers to retrieve to port over. Now my number is lost in transition and, without a direct customer service contact to public mobile, i fear ive lost it. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Yes as @Dunkman mentioned, when you ported your number out, your account should have been closed. If you want to put your wife on PM it is still an option if the number was not lost. See moderator or even Koodo phone call to cancel

Then set up a new account with a temporary number and ask moderator to port it to that account or even it may be made available to you to port it again yourself. Good luck.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Halkese wrote:

Anybody have any insight on how to reactivate a number that was deactivated yesterday?

Here's the details. My phone number (been the same for 15 years) has been active with public mobile for approx. the last year. I made the switch to rogers, for the infinite data, yesterday. Just a moment before i did so (litterally in the parking lot at rogers), i ported my wifes phone number from fido to my public mobile account (way better price than fido and wanted to retain my rewards), which deactivated my phone number and made it impossible for rogers to retrieve to port over. Now my number is lost in transition and, without a direct customer service contact to public mobile, i fear ive lost it. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I don't think this will be a PM issue.  When you ported in a new number to your account it releases your previous number.  In this case as it was a number you have had for a long time it will get released to the ORIGINIAL issuer.  What provider did you get this number from first?  PM might be able to look into this na dhopefully it is in a pool that they can access but it wasn't their number in the first place.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Halkese 

What you wanted to do with your accounts is not possible.  Ie. porting your old number out and keeping your PM account.

When you ported your wife's number to your PM account, your PM phone number is lost.  Which company did you select the original number?  Usually, the number goes back to the original issuing mobile carrier.  

You could try contact moderator to help, but not sure whether moderator can help in this situation.  Or you could try contact Telus porting team, who sometimes can help with porting issues....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.