cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reach out to PM in regards to usage

osama49
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In my account overview , it shows that I have used 3 GB since I joined PM on Nov 16th which does not seems to be right, I use wifi when I am home, who do I need to contact from PM to have them check it out?

When I checked my usage history, total used data is much less than the 3 GB.!!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@osama49 Every carrier is different. Signal is different, so it may activate differently.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@osama49 i would say that the data displayed within your account should be very accurate and the problem has more likely to do with some phone settings.... i doubt that PM hires people to monitor data usage just for the purpose of manipulating it to "steal" data from users... highly unlikely... i'm with PM since 4 months now, and my data usage is pretty much bang on on all 3 of my lines using iphones 5s, note 5 and s7 edge....

cheers

@osama49, are you getting all of the data?  It may be several pages of information.

its not a great tool for the task, but it is accurate.

@pchan, nice thought on the zero-rated options from other providers. That totally could be the answer.

osama49

@stonechucker

Mine showing 

3083.152  /  12288 MB

When I add up the mb in data usage coulmn in usage history, it is less than 1 GB

pchan

Ok. At the time the usage report says your using data do you remember what your doing? The only other thing I can think of are backgound operation such as pulling email or your listening/streaming music and/or it is synching across You wouldn't happen to have SPOTIFY ... free ($$$ and data) on Fido for certain plans, but not on Public mobile. 

@osama49,

i see the following wing in the same place.

6GB Data
2425.156 / 6144 MB

Meaning I'm about 2.5/6 GB on my plan.

osama49

@ryanwoo

The usage report , which I ran from view usage history seems to be correct, but when I go to my account, overview, My-Add-ons, under amount used, I see it is 3 GB, but usage history shows much less than that, If usage history shows the correct usage then I have no concern.

osama49

@UDP7

Yes, I have the Smart network switch on. but I have it on even before I swithced to PM from Fido, and I wasn't exceeding my monthly 1 GB limit.

osama49

pchan,

I did review the usage history, and added up the MB in data usage column and the total of MB is the equal to the usage showed in the account overview page.

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Almost all time the carrier side usage report is correct.

pchan

When you logon there's a button to change your plan, right underneath is a View My Usage link. CLick on that and it will give you a session by session of your data usage and call usage.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@UDP7 actually thgere is a feature on android called "data boost" which let's both wifi and data run at the same time.... so let's say you watch a movie and believe it to be wifi, you probably also start using/burning up data as well... i usually turn data off when i'm home....this way i know for sure....

cheers

UDP7

@osama49 There's an option on Wi-Fi that automatically switches between Wi-Fi and mobile data. Maybe you have that on. Other than that, I'd just private message a mod about it.

osama49

@Luddite

What if the usage history is not correct, who do I need to reach out?

osama49

I tried to download it from goolge play and getting a message that my device isn't compatible with this version

osama49

I have Samsung note 3

You may want to track your actual usage more carefully; for example

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-Andr...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

UDP7

@osama49 What phone are you using?

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You will probably have to wait till your next billing cycle to find out anything or get support! 

You are dealing with PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE here. Right now there is a 12+ day backlog, so you might get lucky with a answer by xmas. 

If you are on the 12GB plan you won't run out till the end of 90 days..

But don't expect anyone here to help for a long time.

Enjoy.

Need Help? Let's chat.