cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to reach @moderator_team

Somebody stole my phone today Police asked me for serial number? How can I write to Moderator and ask this number?

Thank you

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: How to reach @moderator_team

@kale7 sorry for loss of your phone.  Here's how to reach them:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

Thank you a lot!

Highlighted

@kale7 no problem.  If you happen to have your original box that your phone came in, your serial number and IMEI(s) should be printed on a label on the bottom, back, or side of the box as well.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

Oh, thank you so much. I have a box and found the number. Thank youSmiley Happy

Have a lovely weekend!

Highlighted

@kale7 wrote:

Oh, thank you so much. I have a box and found the number. Thank youSmiley Happy

Have a lovely weekend!

@kale7 oh that's great!  Cheers!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kale7

You can login to Self-Serve and click "Suspend Service" on the Lost/Stolen Phone page.

Not sure if you actually need to do this, lol.  Or how much of a hassle it might be to "Unsuspend Service" afterwards.  But PM gives you the option if you need it.

Your lost/stolen phone will be much easier for you (or for the police) to locate if GPS hardware, Find My iPhone, Find My Device (Google Device Manager), or xfi Locator happens to be activated.  Cellular or WiFi radiolocation can also find it (whenever it's powered on and whenever it's used) ... assuming the authorities are actively looking for it.

Highlighted

Thanks for everybody, nice Community!

I found my phone. The thiefs threw it and one nice woman found. I want to prevent you: when you are using your phone, do not give your lighter when somebody asks, before hiding your phone. Police said they adore this trick. And write down the serial number of your phone, It is on the behind of it or on the side of the original box - police need this number. And have a copy of all your contacts and information. I was lucky, but if not, I would lose a very precious info and memories. 

Sunny weekend!

Highlighted

Thanks for the follow up, @kale7.

I'm not sure if you use an iPhone or an Android phone, but both have services where you can have your contacts sync automatically (to your Apple iCloud/me.com account, or your Google gmail.com account) and I definitely recommend you use those.  You can also sync Photos and Vidoes (to iCloud/Google Photos) automatically--you may want to set those to only sync when connected to a Wi-Fi network so you don't eat up a lot of mobile data syncing your photos.  

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Moderator_Team  I have sent you a message 2 days ago in one account and I just sent you another message in this account. How long does it take before a moderator answer your question?

I signed up on Sunday and I am able to sign into my account and everything looks to be in order. However, my phone number is not activated. I keep getting unregistered sim error message. I bought this SIM card at Walmart. I have try a lot of suggestions from other posts and still see the same errors, delete APN, create new APN. Clean SIM before insert, try different phones, try setting speed to 3G.

@Moderator_Teamplease reply back. Need help!!!