cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port out my number to different service provider.

shujaat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just want to know how to reactivate without paying the full plan cost and port my number to different provider.

I want to port out my number to different provider but I have not reactivated my plan.

I already tried to change my plan to 10 days service with unlimited text only by adding the funds to my account but it doesn't let me reactivate the plan and/or my number.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I dont know why u tried to port out to other carrier. As I know there is nothing better than PM so far.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @shujaat

I changed your plan for you 🙂 I sent you a private message a couple hours ago. 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@shujaat, ah ok I understand it is to bad you did try the email route as i have heard it isn't the best option.  The community forum and tagging a mod has been great and with faster service then what I would get on a webchat.

Sorry that you had such a hard time trying to add something as simple as texting because if you have a plan with data and phone texting is free to add anyway.  I hope you do find what you are looking for with your next provider and am truly sorry your experieince with PM was a negative one.  I wouldn't totally give up on PM who knows in the future it may work out for you again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

shujaat

@ShawnC13 Actually I got my PM sim last year so it's been a year now but the thing is when I started my first plan I only opted for the province wide talk only just to get to see their service. Their signal never dropped which I really liked about PM but right from the next month (Feb 2016) I tried to add text in my plan but my plan never changed then I got to know that I can not contact the agent like ever but I still tried to add my text plan every month... last month my plan got changed and they charged me $37 and guess what I wasn't able to send text messages. I have sent out tons of email regarding my issues but never got the response. I decided to go for different provider and I thought that I should wait for my plan to end, never knowing that it wont allow me to port my current number. And then I tried to reactivate my number by paying the minimal cost but as I said before nothings working.

@shujaat, I am really sorry you aren't happy with PM.  It was the best Cellular decision I have made making the switch.  I have had no issues with service or reception,  I am getting more data than I ever have and need to use more of and I am saving around $120 every three months.  What was it that has happened that you aren't happy with your decision if I can ask.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

shujaat

Oh OK, I think Im gonna always regret why I chose PM service. smh

But anyway Thank You.

@shujaat, unfortunately it looks like you will need to wait for a mod now to help you out.  If you click on @Mary_M and send her a private message with your PM phone number and SIM card number (If you have it) and let her know in the PM what you are trying to do.  Even if Mary is not the mod working tomorrow whoever it is will get your messge.

shujaat

My plan deactivated two days ago. I was thinking to change my serivce provider once I am done using for the current month but I had no idea that in order to port the number, the number has to be activated. Now i've been trying to activate it by only adding text and pay the minimal cost (I dont want to pay the full plan cost). The funds already got transfered but it is not letting me change the plan and asking to pay the remaining balance to reactivate my previous plan.

@shujaat  how long has your plan been deactivated for?  Are you not able to go in and select 10 day global text and no calling or data?  Is your phone working now?

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shujaat You will need a moderator's help. Try sending them a private message with your information. You will get a much faster response than just tagging them here.

Here's how to contact them:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/knowledge_base/article-id/...

shujaat

I gave my account number and it's not working, the rep from the other service provider is saying that they can't port my number because it is not activated.

I am not sure what to do, it is still not letting me change my plan !! 😞 

shujaat

Yea I think the funds are transfered because when I am tryiing to select the 10 days plan again its picking the available funds. So does that mean i dont have to reactivate it? I can now just givem the account number ?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@shujaat, if you have added funds are they sitting in your available funds or did  your credit card not get charged?  If they are in available funds try and pick the 10 day plan again and if available will take the money in the available funds account.  Now if that worked you should be able to just get your account number from PM and provide that and your phone number to the new provider you wish to use.

Need Help? Let's chat.