cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port number from Public Mobile?

br0dy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I want to port my number from Public Mobile to Rogers. Public Mobile account is currently suspended/inactive as I have been on vacation and didn't want to renew my plan (had issues with reception, which is why I am trying Rogers again).

Is it possible to do while account is suspended? Or would I have to reactivate my plan?

3 REPLIES 3

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

wrote:

Hi,

I want to port my number from Public Mobile to Rogers. Public Mobile account is currently suspended/inactive as I have been on vacation and didn't want to renew my plan (had issues with reception, which is why I am trying Rogers again).

Is it possible to do while account is suspended? Or would I have to reactivate my plan?

As @Anonymous has mentioned, your plan has to be active to be able to port the number.

There have been reports that moderators can activate the account for the purpose of porting as a goodwill gesture. Failing that possibility you can ask them to change your plan to the cheapest option, 30 day 250MB data at $20 + tax.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

EDIT: Ignore me. I thought you were wanting to port in. Follow the instructions above to contact the mods as you definitely need your number active to port out. 

Sorry for the confusion.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @br0dy,  Unfortunately an account needs to be active in order to be able to port the number out.  You will need to re-activate your account.  You can contact the moderators team via private message to inquire about the least expensive plan you can get.  They're gone for the day but will be back at 9AM(EST).

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.