cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make LTE calling

Raf414
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How to make LTE calling when I call my phone automatically switches to 3G why it doesn't stay LTE all the time how to fix ?

10 REPLIES 10

Not sure how it's pronounced, but I always laugh when I hear "vo-ner"... Rhymes with boner! 😂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon wrote:

I'm hoping all of this is temporary, because eventually 3G will be decommissioned and all phones must be allowed to use VoLTE/VoNR. Hope that day comes sooner rather than later 😀

@sheytoon  I hope so too...and thanks for teaching me a new term (VoNR)!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I hear you and agree as well. I guess the phone itself doesn't have to be from the provider, but if the model is sold by them, it would be certified.

I'm hoping all of this is temporary, because eventually 3G will be decommissioned and all phones must be allowed to use VoLTE/VoNR. Hope that day comes sooner rather than later 😀

srlawren

@sheytoon wrote:

VoLTE on OP7 and other grey market phones is unlikely. Usually Canadian operators will not enable VoLTE on phones that they don't sell themselves.

@sheytoon while I don't disagree with you, I really, really hate it.  I have zero interest in buying my phone from my provider.  I don't think they should be allowed to do this, but sadly they are.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I did ask about VoLTE on PM, but my contact didn't know about timelines.

VoLTE on OP7 and other grey market phones is unlikely. Usually Canadian operators will not enable VoLTE on phones that they don't sell themselves.

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

@sheytoon wrote:

@Raf414 the network has not enabled voice calls on LTE (VoLTE). All voice calls are on 3G until VoLTE is deployed by Telus for PM subscribers.

Any knowledge of when this will come if ever?  Telus seems to be the worst of the big 3 in terms of trying to monetize every bit if tech advancement as if the previous generation infrastructions hasn't been paid off.

@sheytoon on a related question: any knowledge of if my VoLTE compatible 3rd party phone (OnePlus 7) will ever be able to use VoLTE on the VoLTE-enabled Koodo network?  Robot Sad

@sheytoon wrote:

@Raf414 the network has not enabled voice calls on LTE (VoLTE). All voice calls are on 3G until VoLTE is deployed by Telus for PM subscribers.

Any knowledge of when this will come if ever?  Telus seems to be the worst of the big 3 in terms of trying to monetize every bit if tech advancement as if the previous generation infrastructions hasn't been paid off.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Raf414Can you elaborate? Public Mobile currently doesn't offer Voice over LTE. It uses 3G for voice.

Need Help? Let's chat.