cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hold the number for more than 3 months without top-up?

akash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I am traveling to another country for 4-5 months? Is there any way that I can hold my number for more than 3 months without top-up?

8 REPLIES 8

Beatrice_AG
Customer Support Agent

@Andrei_DA wrote:

Hey guys,

To shed some light on how to keep your phone number when going out of Canada, I just want to highlight the already marked solution.

Public Mobile does not have any Seasonal Hold or other similar rate plan and topping up with the most basic plan is the way to go around in this kind of scenario. 

( e.g. a 30 day plan would need to be topped up every ~ 85 days, while a 90 day plan needs to be topped up twice for the 4-5 months period that you will be away )

Let me know if this is clear enough!

@Andrei_DA, on the 30 day plan you mean 85 days after your plan is suspended correct?  If you are on a 30 day plan you have ~115 days from your last payment and on a 90 day plan you have ~175 days from your last payment to keep your phone number.  So it is your plan length plus the ~85 days.

@ShawnC13 , correct. You have ~ 85 days to top up your phone number while it is suspended before the number gets cancelled automatically.

@Andrei_DA wrote:

Hey guys,

To shed some light on how to keep your phone number when going out of Canada, I just want to highlight the already marked solution.

Public Mobile does not have any Seasonal Hold or other similar rate plan and topping up with the most basic plan is the way to go around in this kind of scenario. 

( e.g. a 30 day plan would need to be topped up every ~ 85 days, while a 90 day plan needs to be topped up twice for the 4-5 months period that you will be away )

@Andrei_DA, on the 30 day plan you mean 85 days after your plan is suspended correct?  If you are on a 30 day plan you have ~115 days from your last payment and on a 90 day plan you have ~175 days from your last payment to keep your phone number.  So it is your plan length plus the ~85 days.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Andrei_DA
Customer Support Agent

Hey guys,

Oups..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rodrigo_C 

Thank you for the solution but I'm not sure it's appropriate for a moderator to mark a post as a solution. I kinda get Oracles cleaning up old unmarked threads but for a moderator to do this so quickly into the thread I think might be a tad hasty and towards inappropriate.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@akash wrote:

Hello all,

I am traveling to another country for 4-5 months? Is there any way that I can hold my number for more than 3 months without top-up?

The short answer to your question is no you can't.  If you are on a plan that is no longer offered you will have to decide if it is worth it to top up once at that plan price to keep the plan.  If it is an in market plan as already mentioned you can switch to the $10 plan on your next renewal and then let that plan run the 30 days now you have 90 days before you lose the number so around day 85 (assuming you will have internet access) login to self serve and pay $10 to reactivate you plan and this will give you another 4 months of protecting that number and should be enough time for you to be home again.  In short for $20 you can protect your number for almost 8 months.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akash wrote:

Hello all,

This is a guide for an extended absence.

You need to put in *some* money before 90 days.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@akash wrote:

Hello all,

@akash 

After 90 days account is cancelled..so add 10$ when 90 gets close and switch to the 10$ plan..

Need Help? Let's chat.