cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get two months of payments back, that I should not have been paying?

Woods
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I'm in a bit of a complicated situation. So I'll just explain the whole story...

I live in France, and went back to visit my family in Nova Scotia in september so I bought a public mobile sim card for the month I was there. The lady at the store set the account up for me and activated my sim, and I told her I did not want the automatic top up, because I would be going back to france in just a few weeks... call me crazy, but I assumed she did as I asked. But I'm just finding out today (two months later) that my canadian account is still being chraged monthly for the service. I managed to cancel the auto payments through their automated phone number (because I cant make an online account now that I'm back in France, the sim doesnt work here to recieve the code).

So right now I'm at the total loss on how I can get two months of monthly payment back for a sim card I wasnt using...Not having an actual phone number to talk to someone is making this specific problem very frustrating.

Anyway, I hope something here can help! Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@Woods  if you still have difficulty is submitting a ticket try the following;

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there!

Please submit a ticket using SIMon to the moderator's team regarding the issue! 

The community users already provided the steps to submit a ticket (Thank you so much everyone!) and we will be more than happy to assist you!

Daniel-Moderator's Team

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Looks like you have autopsy enabled. 

First payment was full price, second was $10 cheaper because you had a referral thus 10$ credit third was full price.

Click question mark and type I want a refund.

It is unlikely that you will get one As pm is prepaid.

I would also login to self serve as and delete your credit card  and remove auto-pay

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

Woods

I was charged $12.65 on october 3rd and $26.45 on November 4th. No idea why there is a price difference. When I paid for my first month (the only one I wanted) it was $28.75, on Sept 3rd

Woods

I've tried that before, and just tried again after you suggested it...But when I click on the "submit a ticket" ,after the bot sends it to me, its not doing anything. Is it suppose to open up another window or something to send another message?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's prepaid so the chances are low. However, considering the employee enabled autopay despite you saying no, Public Mobile may be forgiving.

If I may ask how much were you charged those two months?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so usually there are no refunds. You could submit a ticket to a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.