cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deactivate public mobile.

aeibine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan expires on February. How do I switch without getting charged for next month

5 REPLIES 5

@aeibine  When you remove autopay remove your credit card info as well. Sorry to see you go....

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@aeibine wrote:

My plan expires on February. How do I switch without getting charged for next month

@aeibine Some nuances to previous suggestions:

- in theory once you successfully port-out your PM number your account is closed without further charges

- autopay can also be removed by following the prompts after dialing 611

- if you plan to transfer your number there is little value, and only risk, in delaying; just turn off autopay and get it done

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@aeibine Port your number out to another provider before your renewal date. I'd recommend two to three days before, OR if you don't want your number anymore, remove your credit card information and your account will be suspended and closed 90 days later. No charges during that 90 days.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Make sure you turn off the auto pay, then you can do the switch. 

boundless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@aeibine wrote:

Turn off Autopay, if it’s enabled, in the Payment settings in the self serve portal. Then you won’t be charged for the next month and your plan will expire at that time.

Also note that if you want to port your PM phone number to a new provider, you need to sign on and initiate the porting process with the new provider BEFORE your PM account expires. Your PM account must be active in order for the porting process to complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.