cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for minutes/texts used/left?

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

With a $10 50/50 plan, is there an alternate way to check how many minutes and/or texts have been used or are left, other than logging on to the online profile? 

I was hoping that calling 611 would do it. I cannot find any other way. If someone knows another way, please advise.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @pm-smayer97,

Data Witness is a 30- or 900-day cycle data tracker, developed by community member @IWIK.  The PM variant is available to Public Mobile subscribers at no cost, with Android devices.  There is not an iOS client (but there are similar other applications for iOS).

It's pretty dang close on the tally.

From my self-serve just now, this is what my overview page shows:

• My Data & Add-Ons
  • Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    12GB Data
    577.542  /  12288 MB
    200 min US and Canada Long Distance
    23  /  200 MIN

My Data Witness interface shows the foll0wing:

Screenshot_2018-12-20-15-17-01.png

As you can see, just under a 1 MB difference thus far on my 90-day cycle, and it shows the graphical bar usage and calculated percentages of days left and data left for the cycle.

What is PM Data Witness?

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97There is no official way by public mobile, however there are countless apps created to do this for you.  Browse the app store, use keywords like (text / call / sms) + (counter / statistics / monitor / usage / log) etc

"Callistics" should do both calls and texting in 1 app. But there are MANY others.

@RobertQc the problem with using apps for this is that they are not pullng from the record of truth, which is the counter at Public Mobile.  You know how we routinely see people saying "my data usage isn't right, my phone shows I only used 12MB and the site says I used 14" and so forth?  Same issue.  This is especially problematic for people on the $10 plan because I'm willing to bet the apps you mention may not catch the iCloud and Google Dialer VVM check texts that are sent out automatically on iPhones and Nexus/Pixel/Essential phones (respectively), since they are not user-initiated.  I could be wrong, but even if they do catch these, the only real counter that, well, counts, is the one you can see in your self-serve account.

@srlawrenI was under the impression the properly built apps caught everything, they need permission to access your sim card and read everything going out on a lower level than the apps. If I understand, it works the same way as PM Data Witness does data but handles much more. You would think if some of these apps are no good for Calls/SMS then PM Data witness should be no good either?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97There is no official way by public mobile, however there are countless apps created to do this for you.  Browse the app store, use keywords like (text / call / sms) + (counter / statistics / monitor / usage / log) etc

"Callistics" should do both calls and texting in 1 app. But there are MANY others.

@RobertQc the problem with using apps for this is that they are not pullng from the record of truth, which is the counter at Public Mobile.  You know how we routinely see people saying "my data usage isn't right, my phone shows I only used 12MB and the site says I used 14" and so forth?  Same issue.  This is especially problematic for people on the $10 plan because I'm willing to bet the apps you mention may not catch the iCloud and Google Dialer VVM check texts that are sent out automatically on iPhones and Nexus/Pixel/Essential phones (respectively), since they are not user-initiated.  I could be wrong, but even if they do catch these, the only real counter that, well, counts, is the one you can see in your self-serve account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I'm guessing same goes for time add-ons?

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Thanks for the idea. I'll look into it but I was really looking for something from PM that gives me actual data rather than approximations. 

@pm-smayer97The only actual data you will get is from self-serve. PM will send you text messages when you are getting close to your plans usage limits.

Good to mention again but I am already aware of those. Text messages received when 10 mins or 10 texts or less left. Thx.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

With a $10 50/50 plan, is there an alternate way to check how many minutes and/or texts have been used or are left, other than logging on to the online profile? 

I was hoping that calling 611 would do it. I cannot find any other way. If someone knows another way, please advise.

Thanks for the idea. I'll look into it but I was really looking for something from PM that gives me actual data rather than approximations. 

@pm-smayer97The only actual data you will get is from self-serve. PM will send you text messages when you are getting close to your plans usage limits.

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I dont think there is a way.

Maybe if there was a PM app but that is not going to ever happen .

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.