cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel with Koodo after signing up with PM?

cezary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, today I signed up my dad with PM and he chose a new number and now I have to cancel his koodo account. I try to call the koodo's 1800 number (1866-995-6636) but it connects me with PM! My question is how can I contact koodo mobile to cancel my account? Or can PM do it for me if I message the moderators and provide them with my koodo account #? 

Please help as my dad is still being charged from evil koodo. Thanks. 

21 REPLIES 21

Anna_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi @cezary,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you want to cancel the services with Koodo you can contact them on their website by reaching the Virtual Assistant and scheduling a call-back with an agent at an hour of your preference.

Have a great day! 😄

Anna,
Public Mobile Moderator

@cezary wrote:

Hey, yes everythign works except for when I try to call the koodo support number it goes to PM support number. That is the only issue and I have already contacted the moderators to port the number so I don't have to contact evil koodo. Thanks again. 

I would not think again about it because Public Mobile has no support number.

cezary

Hey, yes everythign works except for when I try to call the koodo support number it goes to PM support number. That is the only issue and I have already contacted the moderators to port the number so I don't have to contact evil koodo. Thanks again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cezary wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion 6500k. I tried to follow your instructions but I don't have that menu onthe top right or any other menu in the APN edit which allows me to delete. My phone is a Samsung S 3. Lol I know old phone. 

But does everything work? Maybe the Koodo APN could hang around but you've selected PM to be the active one.

Which OS version is this?

cezary

Thanks for the suggestion 6500k. I tried to follow your instructions but I don't have that menu onthe top right or any other menu in the APN edit which allows me to delete. My phone is a Samsung S 3. Lol I know old phone. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cezary wrote:

Hello, I have added the PM APN on my phone but and that's the one selected but I don't know how to delete the old koodo one. Does anyone know how to delete it? 

Go right into the Koodo APN setting and hit the three-dot menu button (my phone shows this on the top right of the screen).  This produces another menu that allows you to delete it.  Here's what my screen looks like (I have a Sony phone):

SonyAPN.JPG

cezary

Hello, I have added the PM APN on my phone but and that's the one selected but I don't know how to delete the old koodo one. Does anyone know how to delete it? 

@cezary wrote:

Hello, my APN setting are the same but still see the old koodo APN there. Is there a way to delete the koodo APN?

I am not a previous Koodo customer, but I have tried using Telus, Koodo and PM APN settings on my current phone.  So far all I know is that it affects the way I send and receive MMS texts.  Since I don't have a data plan, I cannot speak to how this affects cellular data.  In terms of phone calls, I don't think it should have an effect, but I hope someone who knows pipes in to give you a definite answer.

You should be able to over ride the Koodo settings.  If not, you can always add another APN setting and delete the Koodo one.  Give this a try and see if it works for you.

cezary

Hello, my APN setting are the same but still see the old koodo APN there. Is there a way to delete the koodo APN?

@cezary wrote:

Hey William , that is weird that you are able to reach koodo from your PM phone by calling that same number LOL but I'm not and on my dad's phone. I am guessing the reason might be beacuse me and my dad were with koodo before and the koodo network is saved on the phone(APN or other settings). Do you think that might be the case? Either way there is some glitch in the system it seems. 

Maybe  you can check your APN settings against Public Mobile's system at:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

It's always a good idea to check so that it is not left to chance.

Hey @cezary , unless your dad really likes the new number, just port the old number over from the dashboard of his account and the Koodo account gets cancelled automatically right away.

After the number gets ported properly, you can log back in to his account and change the number again to something else.  I found the choice of numbers quite good if you keep looking through the available ones.

Good luck.

cezary

Hey William , that is weird that you are able to reach koodo from your PM phone by calling that same number LOL but I'm not and on my dad's phone. I am guessing the reason might be beacuse me and my dad were with koodo before and the koodo network is saved on the phone(APN or other settings). Do you think that might be the case? Either way there is some glitch in the system it seems. 

cezary

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! This is soooo mcuh faster than calling koodo customer support which is so terrible these days with the texting and call backs- takes forever with them so glad to be with PM now and getting help so quick. 

@cezary There is no charge to port your number between providers.

cezary

Thank you so much Ndesai- this works and seems to be the only way to get a hold of them from a PM phone. I hate koodo.lol

@cezary wrote:

This number only connects with koodo when I call from a non PM phone but I now have my cell and my dad's with PM and can't call from any other phone. 

Go here: https://www.koodomobile.com/contact-us?INTCMP=KMNew_FooterLINK_ContactUs_ContactUs and click on the Ask Me button located on the bottom right of your screen. Go through the initial chat and simply type "Cancel account". They will give you an option to schedule a call back to cancel your account. 

Capture.PNG

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Something is really weird here.  I just dialed with my phone and the call is going to Koodo Mobile. 

cezary

Thank you William. I think I will do that and contact the moderator team to port the number over and cancel this new number. I don't have the old koodo sim so can't contact them on my phone which is so weird that it's the same number. 

Do you know if there is any charge to port the number after already getting a new number with PM? 

cezary

This number only connects with koodo when I call from a non PM phone but I now have my cell and my dad's with PM and can't call from any other phone. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@cezary  Public Mobile cannot cancel your account if you want to keep the new number. It only cancels automatically when you port in your number from another carrier. But since you are not doing that, call koodo customer service at 1-866-995-6636 from any other phone or i think you can dial 611 from your koodo sim to reach customer service. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cezary, that is Koodo's customer service number.  Not sure what to say.  Public Mobile has no access to the Koodo accounts.  Unfortunately, there is nothing the moderator team can do for you.  If you want to use the old number, you could use the porting process to cancel the account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.