cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Suspend account

wilsoncheng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have question about how to suspend account without losting my promotional plan.

1st Question:

So, I am currently on 90days, 12gb plan.

let say I just top up on Aug 20, so the next top up is more/less Nov 18/19

Now If I know I will be away from Sept 1 to Oct 30. Is there a way I can suspend my account so the clock of 90days "Pause" during the period I am away?

I just enable my account again when I am back, and the clock start ticking again.

2nd questino:

If I don't top up on Nov 18/19. Will I just lost my promotional plan?

Or I have some grace period that I can re-activate it and don't lose my plan?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SD08,

I agree.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wilsoncheng wrote:

Can someone confirm I can leave the account in suspend mode for up to 90days, not 30days, without losing my promotional plan?

I do not mean to cut it close to 90 days, but may be I re-activate it at e.g. 85 days, which still save me almost $120 for the period that is not in town.

@wilsoncheng

Yes, PM moderators have confirmed that the offical time limit for accounts in suspension status is 90 days, not 30 days as the accounts erroneously indicate.  See here

wilsoncheng

Can someone confirm I can leave the account in suspend mode for up to 90days, not 30days, without losing my promotional plan?

I do not mean to cut it close to 90 days, but may be I re-activate it at e.g. 85 days, which still save me almost $120 for the period that is not in town.

MJN

I do have some experience with suspended account. My daughter was in United State this summer (about 3 months). Even with the suspension for 3 months, PM allow me to reactive the same plan. I am quite happy about it.

wilsoncheng

Thank you for the info.

I am just trying to work out how to save some money for snow bird, as this is for my mother and she usually go away early Dec , and come back Late March.

So look like I can let the account go into suspend mode for 1 time during that period without losing her # and the prmotional plan.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wilsoncheng

As mentioned, you cannot suspend the account and get credit for the time suspended.  However, a partial correction to what @potato said:
When you remove autopay (or forgo manual payment) and let the plan expire, you actually have up to 90 days after expiry before you must either reactivate the plan, or the account will be deleted and you'll lose the plan and phone number.  That is, the account, the plan, and the phone number are all lost at the same time, at 90 days.  Upon lapsing into suspended status, the account will indicate a reactivation time limit of 30 days, but that is known to be inaccurate, and moderators have confirmed that the official time is 90 days.  I recommend not to wait until the last day to reactivate, to give yourself a margin of error against unforeseen problems you might run into; waiting an extra couple of days is not worth the risk of losing your plan or phone number.

You can go under lost phone condition but you won't be able to stop your airtime. Since its prepaid if you traveling your line will still be active you won't be able to pause it. Sorry
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

potato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

no you cannot pause your prepaid plan. you can suspend the ability to use it if it is stolen, but the clock is still ticking on what you paid for.

if you didn't top up nov 18/19 there is a grace period of 90 days before they delete your phone number. i don't believe you can let it lapse more than 90 days and still keep your plan either. i do think your billing date would change and you'd save on the time you had let it lapse.

seems like minimal savings for the headache personally.

edit: as noted below, you'll retain access to the same plan for 90 days, not 30 as i initially wrote.

Need Help? Let's chat.