cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's your coverage?

kjo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
My coverage fluctuates between 1-3 bars generally in my neighbourhood but been able to call/receive calls successfully. Might be due to my phone. Curious to see others general experience is with it!
ie. Outside, @ work, inside buildings etc.
10 REPLIES 10

JMCD
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's pretty good overall. Compared to Fido (Rogers) there are spots where it's better and worse. My elevator in my building is a dead spot for example. At work we have Bell/Telus repeaters throughout the building, so now my signal at work is great instead of non existant 🙂 I haven't had any issues really.

boatertross
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Calgary. A few months back when I was still on Rogers, in my house I would lose cell reception in the basement and certain areas of my home. After switching to PM, no problems at all, so I would say coverage is better in the city for me.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MCWC wrote:
Switched from Telus to PM. So far I notice no decrease in reception or quality

It's the same network, so I'd hope the coverage is the same.

MCWC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Switched from Telus to PM. So far I notice no decrease in reception or quality

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I should add, some people use My Data Manager as an alternative to Data Witness, and quite like it.  I have never personally tried it, but understand that it also lets you set a custom plan length, which would suit PM well.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kjo unfortunately, the signal meter bars are not very reliable.  They tend to update slowly, and every manufacturer seems to implement them a bit differently, making it hard to compare.  If you are still able to use the services, I wouldn't worry about what the meter shows.

if you are finding you are consistently having issues with signal quality somewhere, you could download the Telus Network Experience app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telus.tneapp for Android; I presume there is an iPhone version too) and report the problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I get the same number of bars in most places, but it doesn't seem to affect speeds or coverage. I can still make calls reliably with 1 bar of coverage.

fktw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Coverage is better than Wind for sure! 😉

My work phone is on Telus (same as PM) and I typically have no issues except in basements and similar places.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't know about my PM coverage yet (still waiting for my sim to arrive to switch over), but my Telus coverage on my work phone is pretty solid just about everywhere, so I assume my PM coverage will be similar.

If you're curious, you can see a map of cell towers in your area here: http://ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html - it might help explain why your coverage isn't great.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

No problem when outside. Many times in concrete building or outside city area where only one tower available, I get no bars.

Need Help? Let's chat.