cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: How much data do you use?

@88cranston  Your text messaging issue is good one to ask the community. Another topic started! I'm sure @GinYVR  or @CalgaryBen could answer that for you.

I could turn the WiFi off but then I would have to remember to turn it back on when I arrive at work or home. I wouldn't want to be using mobile data when I could be on wifi. My boyfriend did that once when he was still with fido. And none of WCC mandated overage requirements went into effect. No text msg warning at 90% or 95%. No offer to purchase more data. No warning when the $50 cap was reached and it was not shut off at $50. The bill was over $400. I had the overage reversed down to $50. But only recently as I went over each bill before preparing to pay off his device subsidy did I realize there are several months of overages reduced down to $50 after complaining that a data add on that had carried over from the month before because he forgot to cancel was not included in the cap. I have to prepare myself for a whole new arguement before paying it off.

I find the WiFi "searching doesn't cause much of a battery drain unless I'm camping and there's no hope of WiFi and I've learned to turn it off in those situations.

Do you have an app for the telus hotspots or a particular site? I've never seen a telus sign?

@darlicious wrote:

@88cranston  Your text messaging issue is good one to ask the community. Another topic started! I'm sure @GinYVR  or @CalgaryBen could answer that for you.

I have posted....but no solution. 

I could turn the WiFi off but then I would have to remember to turn it back on when I arrive at work or home. I wouldn't want to be using mobile data when I could be on wifi.

Turn off BOTH. Turn on accordingly. 

I find the WiFi "searching doesn't cause much of a battery drain unless I'm camping and there's no hope of WiFi and I've learned to turn it off in those situations.

OK if you have to leave something on is no cost to leave WiFi on. 

Do you have an app for the telus hotspots or a particular site? I've never seen a telus sign?

Lots of offices will have a tent desk sign or decal on door. But why not look at what  WiFi is available, then pick and use it.....no App or Sign necessary 🤔

See App in pic.....do I have it installed or would I use it...NO. Because it will show on the list as unlocked. 

3529E8D5-6BCD-4061-9470-B59BEF658DF4.jpeg

Ahh the valley is so much more relaxing. 😆 Fraser River in Chilliwack today

DFB74D1B-C536-410B-B82C-9793CD1579F3.jpeg

@88cranstonNow that is a beauty of a pic....

@darlicious wrote:

@88cranstonNow that is a beauty of a pic....

I do love nature...but I am lucky enough to get this ever changing view every night.20190929_190601.jpg

20190717_202632.jpg

20191007_183255.jpg

20190820_195755.jpg

Very nice. Have any of these?

6CCEA14D-ADFD-4D7D-9886-D0D88B610920.jpeg3A177AB1-E472-490F-B5D5-788EEEA4D7B4.jpeg

@88cranston  Ok let's see....bears no...Rocky the raccoon...yes she has her babies here every year. Bitey the coyote...yes but she/he?  Only hung out for a few days until tranquilized and relocated. Bitey was on the news you may remember from earlier this year. Skunks every night...my friends dog GOT it in the face two weeks ago and my house still has a faint odour. Of course squirrels and lots of of different birds. Not many rats or mice our new little killers have taken that job over nicely since we lost Max and Spook.20190822_183002.jpg20190724_204749.jpg20191013_180725.jpg20190310_181507.jpg20190711_181931.jpg

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious @88cranston Beautiful views everywhere! I work a lot in Vancouver and get to use the Shawgo wifi all around! It helps a ton with reducing data consumption.

71804166_10220534244612049_716761902046248960_o.jpg

@Shannonbyt  That's an awesome urban sunset shot right smack in the middle of downtown. Granville and Georgia. We do love this city! In order to afford the high cost of housing we need to save on our phone bills and we can thank public mobile for that.

Wow!!

This is why the lower mainland is referred to as “Lotus Land”