cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much data do you use?

Super curious about other people's lifestyles. How much data do you use? Do you think it is worth the money for more data? I currently changed to 1GB of data a month (was at 4GB). This was a challenge to myself for financial reasons as every little bit counts!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How much data do you use?

@Shannonbyt only you know how much data to get. 1GB isn't much but if you can keep from running out, you'll save money.

I don't have data and if I did, I'd only use it when I need to because you'll need a lot more than 4GB of data to stream Netflix or video chat.

@Ed404 wrote:

I don't have data and if I did, I'd only use it when I need to because you'll need a lot more than 4GB of data to stream Netflix or video chat.

You can still do it but it won't last. The data bucket sizes aren't usually good in Canada.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh, I know! It is completely doable as I have made the change. Just no more surfing meaningless social media while on transit. Small steps to save some money. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Shannonbyt wrote:

Oh, I know! It is completely doable as I have made the change. Just no more surfing meaningless social media while on transit. Small steps to save some money. 

@Shannonbyt  I will be wresting with the decision to downgrade to the $25 plan from the $40 in a few months once my promo finishes. Downgrading means losing my 5gb data bonus ( technically a $150 value) but staying at $40 means I will never use it. This month I tried to splurge and I still only used 2.5 gb. With my datavsaver enabled and most background data turned off and using a music app rather than YouTube when I'm out and about will definetly keep me within one gb

Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@Shannonbyt wrote:

@Shannonbyt  I will be wresting with the decision to downgrade to the $25 plan from the $40 in a few months once my promo finishes. Downgrading means losing my 5gb data bonus ( technically a $150 value) but staying at $40 means I will never use it. This month I tried to splurge and I still only used 2.5 gb. With my datavsaver enabled and most background data turned off and using a music app rather than YouTube when I'm out and about will definetly keep me within one gb

@darlicious, I can't say I recall all the terms with the RBC promo, I thought the 5GB bonus was awarded as a signing bonus without additional conditions.  From what you are saying, the data bonus is conditional on staying with the plan.

Note to Public Mobile, @Alan_K , see what I mean about lost opportunities with not having a mid range data plan at 2-3GB.  The hopes of "forcing" an additional $15 more from the wallets of $25/1GB customers is somewhat illusory.  There is a better chance of getting maybe $5 more for some additional data.  Everyone comes here to save money, not to spend it. 

Mayor / Maire

I only have 1GB of data and use it conservatively so it lasts a month.  Most public places like libraries, coffee shops, shopping malls offer free wi-fi so only need to use data when wi-fi is not available.  Checking emails and reading articles uses minimal data.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am  The way i remember reading the conditions of the promo was that once you changed your plan you would lose any benefits associated with it. That seemed to imply the $10 discount and the data bonus. Of course i certainly hope im wrong and will seek clarification from a moderator to confirm. If i get to keep the data then downgrading to the $25 will be a very easy decision and i could possibly go down to the $15  if i really wanted to save some money.

Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  The way i remember reading the conditions of the promo was that once you changed your plan you would lose any benefits associated with it. That seemed to imply the $10 discount and the data bonus. Of course i certainly hope im wrong and will seek clarification from a moderator to confirm. If i get to keep the data then downgrading to the $25 will be a very easy decision and i could possibly go down to the $15  if i really wanted to save some money.

I would be interested in what they have to say.  Keep me informed.