cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How happy are you with PM?

We just switched, and are quite happy we did (so far!), but i see a lot of complaints on here. Long-term, is this a great service provider?!

GR
Mayor / Maire

Re: How happy are you with PM?

@Arily4  I've got 7 accounts with them and had very little trouble.  The only thing is once or twice my rewards weren't put on the account at renewal but they fixed it right up!  Overall I'm very happy with the service and the savings!! 

Mayor / Maire

@Arily4 hi you mostly see the 1 or 2% of people who  are unfortunately having issues on here , most people who are not having problems don't usually say much here, enjoy the service and cheap rates and keep your fingers crossed lol 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Arily4  Super happy! I have two accounts personally my first is now free with rewards in only 2 months and my second is half price with a combined discount and rewards. Even without the rewards etc...still half the price of my old providers. I've only had the odd reward not applied and the moderators were quick to respond and apply them. And the community....second to none! I'd say the best part of the public mobile experience.

Mayor / Maire

@Arily4 wrote:

We just switched, and are quite happy we did (so far!), but i see a lot of complaints on here. Long-term, is this a great service provider?!

Since this is the only/official channel to get help with problems at Public Mobile, naturally 95% of the posts are about things going wrong.

There are no publicly accessible stats but I bet that there are thousands of customers out there who don't have any problems or if so, use the means to contact the mods without posting in the community.

It likely is personal perception, but a lot of threads would be redundant if people would use the search function. And I don't have the time or patience to help people who use foul language, attack any community members, or go into a full on hissy fit, blaming this  (not perfect by any means) provider for user errors and /or lack of reading .

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve got 3 accounts, I had an issue with one to setup self serve that took 5 months to resolve.  I stayed patient and as expected it was eventually fixed.  I am very happy with PM, you can’t beat the price, it’s nice having my kids on their own account so if they chew up thier data it’s not my problem, and the coverage is very good.  Also when the kids turn 19 and get thier own credit card they can easily take over their own accounts.  I definitely recommend to anyone.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Pretty happy though I'd like to see unlimited throttled data like Lucky has

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I just switched.  I'll be switching my wife (with a referral code) this evening.  So far, so good.  I get service at work, which I wasn't getting with Rogers (metal building, but we have a Telus tower right outside).  I was able to port over my existing number without any issues at all Smiley Very Happy

The biggest reason I changed was price.  Rogers was charging my wife and I $150 for 10GB combined, which we hardly ever came close to using.  With PM, We'll have 5GB ea (4.5 + the 500GB Autopaybonus) for $40ea, which is far more manageable. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We switched over a month or so ago and we are pretty happy about the cheap rates and coverage PM has buuuut we are kind of bummed out we didn’t wait a little longer to catch all these awesome promos they are having right now lol 

Mayor / Maire

I activate my first PM plan 16 months ago. I now managing 6 plans for my family members without any outage and payment issue.