cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?


@Mountainmaxman wrote:

With 5G coming out and old 3G towers being taken out of service, I wonder will Public speeds go up to 4G? And with all of the recent 'deals' being offered by others with high amounts of 4G data options this option does not seem as good of a deal as it use to be. What do you guys think will change here or will Public mobile become less used?

 


Prices are always on rise for the future. I'd expect these "cheaper prices" to go up quite a lot when 5G becomes the standard. Although 5G is fast the infrastructure needed to maintain that speed is significant.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?

How many of us are really going to need 5G in our daily personal lives? You can't really type faster, read quicker, listen to music at lightening speed (some of remember what an lp sounded like at 45rpm...right @88cranston ? Or 78rpm? Lol more right?  Or watch a full length movie in 2.3 seconds. Downloading that movie at 5G gives you no time to make popcorn unless they include that in your 5G package. Sure it will speed things up but arent we already in the fast lane....slow down, enjoy life or you'll miss it. I don't think anyone's tombstone is going to say " If only I had upgraded to 5G! "

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?


@darlicious wrote:

How many of us are really going to need 5G in our daily personal lives? You can't really type faster, read quicker, listen to music at lightening speed (some of remember what an lp sounded like at 45rpm...right @88cranston ? Or 78rpm? Lol more right?  Or watch a full length movie in 2.3 seconds. Downloading that movie at 5G gives you no time to make popcorn unless they include that in your 5G package. Sure it will speed things up but arent we already in the fast lane....slow down, enjoy life or you'll miss it. I don't think anyone's tombstone is going to say " If only I had upgraded to 5G! "


Even 4k streaming require a very small fraction of the speed that 5G might deliver... Considering our telco divide that number (2.5 GB/s Down 1.25GB UP) by 4 and they still have the galls to call it 5G. Our big issue is they never deliver a flat rate mobile package anyway.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?


@madhi19 wrote:

Considering our telco divide that number (2.5 GB/s Down 1.25GB UP) by 4 and they still have the galls to call it 5G.

Wait, what do you mean by that?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?


@darlicious wrote:

How many of us are really going to need 5G in our daily personal lives? You can't really type faster, read quicker, listen to music at lightening speed (some of remember what an lp sounded like at 45rpm...right @88cranston ? Or 78rpm? Lol more right?  Or watch a full length movie in 2.3 seconds. Downloading that movie at 5G gives you no time to make popcorn unless they include that in your 5G package. Sure it will speed things up but arent we already in the fast lane....slow down, enjoy life or you'll miss it. I don't think anyone's tombstone is going to say " If only I had upgraded to 5G! "


Lol. 45 and 33.3 rpm. 78rpm would make me ancient. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?


@88cranston wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

How many of us are really going to need 5G in our daily personal lives? You can't really type faster, read quicker, listen to music at lightening speed (some of remember what an lp sounded like at 45rpm...right @88cranston ? Or 78rpm? Lol more right?  Or watch a full length movie in 2.3 seconds. Downloading that movie at 5G gives you no time to make popcorn unless they include that in your 5G package. Sure it will speed things up but arent we already in the fast lane....slow down, enjoy life or you'll miss it. I don't think anyone's tombstone is going to say " If only I had upgraded to 5G! "


Lol. 45 and 33.3 rpm. 78rpm would make me ancient. 


@88cranston  Hahaha..I couldn't resist! Ok maybe just your M-i-L could relate to that.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?


@sheytoon wrote:

@madhi19 wrote:

Considering our telco divide that number (2.5 GB/s Down 1.25GB UP) by 4 and they still have the galls to call it 5G.

Wait, what do you mean by that?

 

Simply we can't really trust our telco to implement a standard without cheaping out. They label it something else pretend it 5G, and deliver a quarter of the speed because nobody is going to call them out on the bait and switch.


 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?

Left the discussion. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?

Well, 5G is a technology, not a speed. You will have low peak speeds with low bandwidth channels and low MIMO layers. I didn't know what you meant by divide by 4.

 

At least it won't be like AT&T, where they relabeled LTE as 5GE.

Mayor / Maire

Re: How do you think the future will affect us?


@88cranston wrote:

Left the discussion. 


@88cranston no need to announce


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.