cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you take a screenshot on your phone?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

This is more of a guide on how to do it. You put your make and model phone in your reply and say how  its done. To start:

On my Umidigi F1 to take a screenshot, simultaneously press and hold down the power on/off and the volume down button. 

38 REPLIES 38

Even if there is a point to teach and learn, why would anyone come here looking for how to take a screenshot? Isn't Google there for you just for this purpose? I am sorry to say that it is too much of effort for anyone to find this thread and hope someone having the same phone replied. This is just unnecessary. 

@gblackma wrote:

@ShawnC13, @Luddite , @dabr , @Anonymous , @darlicious  I guess according@Tiana_V  this belongs  in the discussion section.  Since it is phone related, and seems to be a topic of interest. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Defining-a-legitimate-discussion/m-p/503003/highlight/true#M107256

Works for me.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnC13, @Luddite , @dabr , @Anonymous , @darlicious  I guess according@Tiana_V  this belongs  in the discussion section.  Since it is phone related, and seems to be a topic of interest. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Defining-a-legitimate-discussion/m-p/503003/highlight/true#M107256

@gblackma wrote:

That's okay guys. This is better, it stays active, and can be added to at any time. As long as it shows up if a search is done, then it's helpful. So @dabr what's your phone and method of taking screenshots? Thanks.

@gblackma  TBH I haven't tried taking a screenshot with my phone, yet:)  My phone is S5 and if I needed to take a screenshot, I would just Google it.  But my old phone, a Moto E (I think), required holding down both volume/power buttons...which was not really easy and I didn't have a lot of success with it, unfortunately:)

That's okay guys. This is better, it stays active, and can be added to at any time. As long as it shows up if a search is done, then it's helpful. So @dabr what's your phone and method of taking screenshots? Thanks.

So I'm still not clear on why @gblackma or even @geopublic posts belongs in the Lounge but many other posts that also do not really have anything to do with PM services or technical issues are allowed under one of the main headings?  

For instance why would a post about a good deal on a particular phone from Amazon be considered suitable under one of the main headings but these posts aren't?   In my mind all these posts provide some important information to other users.  For the record my point is not meant to criticize anyone posting about the phone deal and was just used as an example.

Uptil recently I had thought it was quite clear what belonged in the Lounge forum and for the most part I can understand why some threads, or parts of threads, were moved here.  But lately, it's becoming a little murkier and sometimes becoming a little 'soap operish'.  JMO.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

For me there is PM service help and then there is Hardware help like screenshots  yes it is a huge help to the PM customers but should PM financially reward people  (bravos in main forum) for assisting others with the general functioning of their device that isn't service related?

Edited to add:  Now if PM sold devices I could see a reason to keep this thread in the main forum

As we all have...difference of opinion and interpretations. Yes.

Shrug.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous, I just looked at the above mentioned thread and I think it belongs in that area it should probably be a sticky.  The difference I see between the two threads is @darlicious thread is actually helping solve a problem many PM users have when trying to pay for their service as it you look at that CT receipt there are so many numbers I am glad someone has pointed out the correct one to use.  For this thread yes it helps users but it helps in the general operation of their phone and does not solve or help with any issue they could experience with their PM service.  Again that is just my thoughts on how I see the difference in the two threads

There are a number of threads that are not having to do with PM specifically that are up there.

This thread also helps people that ask for help to be able to post screenshots as are often requested by regulars so as to help the customer.

But I can see your subtle difference.

For me there is PM service help and then there is Hardware help like screenshots  yes it is a huge help to the PM customers but should PM financially reward people  (bravos in main forum) for assisting others with the general functioning of their device that isn't service related?

Edited to add:  Now if PM sold devices I could see a reason to keep this thread in the main forum

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous, I just looked at the above mentioned thread and I think it belongs in that area it should probably be a sticky.  The difference I see between the two threads is @darlicious thread is actually helping solve a problem many PM users have when trying to pay for their service as it you look at that CT receipt there are so many numbers I am glad someone has pointed out the correct one to use.  For this thread yes it helps users but it helps in the general operation of their phone and does not solve or help with any issue they could experience with their PM service.  Again that is just my thoughts on how I see the difference in the two threads

There are a number of threads that are not having to do with PM specifically that are up there.

This thread also helps people that ask for help to be able to post screenshots as are often requested by regulars so as to help the customer.

But I can see your subtle difference.

@Anonymous wrote:

Warning! Stirring pot...

How come darlicious can have a thread compendium about identifying voucher PIN's up in the paying category but gblackma can't have a thread compendium about how to take a screen shot up in say the phones category?

I agree that this thread didn't need a solution but the OP did invite any input from anybody about different phones.

Thread content:

Samsung S7/stock A8 - press and hold volume down and power button at same time

Nokia Lumia 635/Windows Phone 8.1 Update - press and hold volume up and power button at same time

Blackberry Z30/10.3.3.2137 - press and hold volume up and volume down at same time (probably the same for a Z10 but it's buried in a box)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@gblackma Simultaneously press power and home buttons then release. iPhone SE & 6s. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Warning! Stirring pot...

How come darlicious can have a thread compendium about identifying voucher PIN's up in the paying category but gblackma can't have a thread compendium about how to take a screen shot up in say the phones category?

I agree that this thread didn't need a solution but the OP did invite any input from anybody about different phones.

Thread content:

Samsung S7/stock A8 - press and hold volume down and power button at same time

Nokia Lumia 635/Windows Phone 8.1 Update - press and hold volume up and power button at same time

Blackberry Z30/10.3.3.2137 - press and hold volume up and volume down at same time (probably the same for a Z10 but it's buried in a box)

Thanks. @iPhoneUser   Will come in handy when someone here asks how it's done.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma wrote:

@iPhoneUser could you please chime in here about the easiest way to take a screenshot on an iPhone?  @Luddite ? Tricks, tips etc. Thanks.

Depends on what model of iphone. SEE HERE. 

@iPhoneUser could you please chime in here about the easiest way to take a screenshot on an iPhone?  @Luddite ? Tricks, tips etc. Thanks.

On my mom's Umidigi A3 and Holding down the power button. Gives you the option to take screenshots. This also works for my dad's Motorola G7.

@gblackma  all good then.  I learned a few 2 things about screenshot on my phone because I googled it as  I already had 2 ways to get a picture.  

Most importantly I learned what to say about moving posts so no one gets all angry with me lol

I know, I was in the middle of a private message conversation with @Luddite when it happened.

@gblackma wrote:

@mimmo as I mentioned above I fully intended intended to keep the thread active for a few days until we got a decent amount of replies. The only reason I accepted @popping 's solution was because I didn't want anyone that replied penalized because of my mistake. I see that the post is now active again, and has magically reappeared. 👍. It's also sollutionless . I will leave it open for now.

@mimmo wrote:

@gblackma  there was no threat.

I just found it strange that a guide /post with no question had a solution assigned. And since there Especially was no question a solution was not needed. But at least it was not a self solution.

@gblackma , for that you can thank @Luddite  he saved it from the true abyss.  Before anyone starts jumping up and down and getting ready with torches and pitchforks

I didn't move or do anything to this thread lol

@mimmo as I mentioned above I fully intended intended to keep the thread active for a few days until we got a decent amount of replies. The only reason I accepted @popping 's solution was because I didn't want anyone that replied penalized because of my mistake. I see that the post is now active again, and has magically reappeared. 👍. It's also sollutionless . I will leave it open for now.

@mimmo wrote:

I just found it strange that a guide /post with no question had a solution assigned. And since there Especially was no question a solution was not needed. But at least it was not a self solution.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@popping wrote:

@gblackma 

In addition to down volume + power buttons, try press and hold the power button on your Umidigi.  A popup showing 3 choices:

- Power off

- Restart

- Screenshot

My A5 Pro works with both methods.

Both of these work on my OnePlus 7 as well.  I can also swipe three fingers down on the screen to get a shot.  Is anyone able to take a long screen shot?

Added Screenshot_20200217-135445.jpg

@will13am  T&Cs wrt Community say: "We might not sell phones, but we still use them, and this is the place to get advice and technical information.". 

While we could debate how broad this should be, why bother? 🙏  A thread/topic barely lasts 2 hours on the landing page. 

Besides, once PM has eliminated all the bugs and SIMon is fully developed, what else will there be to do? Robot LOL

@mimmo wrote:

Beyond reading a manual, and Googling, I think this was the Solution. Robot LOL

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-you-take-a-screenshot-on-your-...

On the other hand, OP has the final say; unless there has been an egregious injustice. Robot wink

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Are you sure that's what @mimmo is saying @will13am ? Because I didn't get that from it. However,  if  they was the meaning of the post, I have a really serious problem, since my grasp of the only language I have ever spoken must be slipping.

Looking at your community answers, you are more technically proficient than I am, and this particular topic may be child's play for you. I still feel that it has value here. Whatever your threat.

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@gblackma   if you are posting a guide,  and not a question,  why did you put a solution? 

Also you only stated info for android what about apple devices?  

I hear loud request for zero tolerance enforcement here.  We will have to see if there are behavioral changes for the better going forward.  

@mimmo , because as I stated, I didn't even know how to do it on my own phone. I researched it and I finally found out how to do it. I don't know how to do it on an apple phone. That's why I posted it here, and suggested that that community  members post their make and models and how it's done. So others would have easier access to the information.

I chose a solution after @will13am 's post, since I felt it was unfair to the ones who answered to be punished for my indiscretion. This may not be the be the place to post this. But I think that it has value and maybe anther community member with more technical experience could author an article addressing this issue. 

@mimmo wrote:

@gblackma   if you are posting a guide,  and not a question,  why did you put a solution? 

I hear loud request for zero tolerance enforcement here.  We will have to see if there are behavioral changes for the better going forward.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

Sorry @will13am , but I have seen others using this feature here to help others here in this community.  And since, at least to me it seems to add some value to thread if there are diagrams that enable the person being helped to see how it's done.

I myself did not know how to do it. So I did a Google search and after sorting through some articles found out how. If you feel that it's a waste of time for others to get this information more easily. Then, by all means, either delte the thread or remove it to the lounge.

I have already expressed my views.  You're are not going to see a drawn out debate from me.  Your response has tones of insincerity.  However, you get the benefit of the doubt for now.  If you don't self regulate, zero tolerance enforcement will be what you are asking for.  The choice is yours.  Remember, your stock goes down with each indiscretion.  

Sorry @will13am , but I have seen others using this feature here to help others here in this community.  And since, at least to me it seems to add some value to thread if there are diagrams that enable the person being helped to see how it's done.

I myself did not know how to do it. So I did a Google search and after sorting through some articles found out how. If you feel that it's a waste of time for others to get this information more easily. Then, by all means, either delte the thread or remove it to the lounge.

Need Help? Let's chat.