cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change your number to a 647 one?

Water1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to change my number and select Toronto as my area. It only gives me 437 numbers as options but I much perfer a 647 number. Anyone know how?

6 REPLIES 6

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just did an activation and there was plenty of 647 numbers. You can click on Load More if you don't see one you like.

In most cities Public Mobile DOES NOT offer the "usual" area codes; they only offer the newest area codes.

I think a Virgin data only line is the least expensive way to get a 416/647 number that can then be transferred to Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fireapple
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Along the lines with what @computergeek541 said, you can activate a prepaid line from one of the other carriers with the cheapest plan and then port the number over if you really wanted a 647 number now. This would be good especially the Big 3's main brands since they'll most likely have the best numbers and the biggest pool of numbers kept relatively 'exclusive' from the subbrands. For example, I live in Calgary and even though PM can only give me local 587 numbers from the overlay area code, Telus definitely had a few 403 numbers when I checked. 

NDesai, the entire 647 area code is Toronto-only, unlike many area codes that encompass multiple cities.

If 416 or 647 numbers are available, they'll eventually show up in the phone number availability list when you're trying to change your number.  Porting in a number from another carrier is an option.

Likely 647 numbers are not available. You can try selecting nearby cities and see if available there. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

is it possible they ran out of 647 numbers ?

I would say just keep trying changing  the list;  a 647 number will eventually pop up

Need Help? Let's chat.