cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use an iphone 4 with public mobile

hongsy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having trouble using my iphone4 with my new public mobile sim card.  I have plugged it into another phone and it is working fine, I just can't get it to work on this phone.  

11 REPLIES 11

If it's a Rogers phone then it is still locked. All services but data work instantly with an unlocked iPhone 4.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Then try this goto general setting reset then network setting. Leave your sim in phone and connect your phone with usb and itune see if that's help.
If not then do a full backup of your phone. And Leave your sim on connect with computer via usb and do a full factory reset. It's will trigger all setting to default. And do update us here.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

hongsy

I did think it was unlocked, I am transfering from rogers

No service. IPhone 4 do you know it's unlock?
Website imei only check if phone have frequencies and not blacklisted or something. But if phone locked to other carrier then its your part to get it unlock to make it work on pm.

Also which carrier you moved from?

Since you mentioned sim working fine in other device. Then its either phone is locked or need a factory reset.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

hongsy

Yes I think so, it said it would work on the PM network when I put in my IME number

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

check here if your phone is supported on PM http://willmyphonework.net/

hongsy

says no service on my phone.  I plugged it into another phone and all the services seem to work on her phone.  When I put the sim card into my phone it says no service

You are unable to get any service or you missing some services. ? If your iPhone is unlocked and goto setting general scroll down all the way and click on reset then select network reset option see if that resolve your issue.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Is you iphone unlocked?
If its only data not working you need to go to a website to set the apn setting.

Search the forum for iphone4 apn

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

do you happen to know if your iPhone 4 is locked to a carrier?

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.