cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make sure my number is ported to public?

Denwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Roger said pm didn't port yet. But my account shows the number.
Should I just ask Rogers to cancel and it will auto port to pm??
12 REPLIES 12

@lukevader wrote:

Oh ya, I believe rogers. PM is the one at fault here. rogers as bad as they are doesnt sit on port requests

@lukevader legally no provider is allowed to

I find the VOIP lines tend to have worse service though

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Denwong wrote:

@Denwong this is VERY common once Public received the FOC

But do NOT cancel Rogers until port has completed

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh ya, I believe rogers. PM is the one at fault here. rogers as bad as they are doesnt sit on port requests

Denwong
My wife phone did not get calls until wind cancel the phone line. I'm think roger want to keep me from cancelling? Or roger really telling me the truth pm really didn't port out yet

doucanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried this, doesn't work for me, might work for others though.

lukevader

Have you tried this idea?

HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR

Other than that, ya, I'm sorry man, we are all in the same boat. 

xxJDxx

Denwong
I'm doing that with two phone as well
So really nothing I can do?

lukevader

I cannot believe the incredible LACK of help here from people who can actually do something to help. Myself I opened two phone accounts with new numbers from PM and one went through no problem, the second account for my wife hung itself. It's been 3 days for me now with a useless sim card.

There are still people that have been waiting for 10 days to get this simple port problem fixed. I suggest to anyone who can wait to port your number just hold off for another billing cycle with the old company and then request your port. Maybe, just maybe you will not get stuck in this port limbo hell a lot of us here are in.

doucanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue, I think that as long as your Rogers number is still working then it's not ported yet.  Once your rogers stopped working then your PM should be okay.  Since PM is swamped right now we just have to wait until it's sorted out.  If you call your number and it goes straight to Rogers voicemail then it means you are not ported yet.  What I'm doing is just using my Rogers account for now so I can receive calls.

xxJDxx

@Denwong wrote:

How long did you wait for the port to happen? 

I ported over yesterday from Rogers and thought something had gone wrong as I could text and make outgoing calls but not recieve calls. After about half an hour i got a text from PM saying the port was successfull and everything has been working fine since. Apparently it can take up to 2.5 hours for the port to happen. 

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

the risk with that is, if it isnt ported and you cancel with rogers, you may lose your number. Ask a friend to call you/ text you. My friend isnt fully ported, he can receive texts, send texts, make calls. But he cant receive incoming calls, it goes straight to his voicemail 

Need Help? Let's chat.