cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get back a deactivated phone number?

snuniteddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account and phone number with PM has been deactivated due to expired credit card while I was out of town.  I have just purchased a new SIM card so please advise how I can activate the SIM card with my deactivated phone number.

10 REPLIES 10

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@snuniteddy wrote:

Yes, it has been well over 90 days?  Any possibility that PM can do to help?

Been out of town for well over 90 days?? Jeepers. Must be nice to be so rich.

@snuniteddy wrote:

That is a good suggestion as well.  Thanks.

Whether you deal with Rogers or Public to try to get the number is determined by who has it now.  It's not assigned from your statement so that's good news. 

snuniteddy

That is a good suggestion as well.  Thanks.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@snuniteddyI would suggest you activate a new Public Mobile SIM card THEN contact the moderators, if they can do anything for you, they can do it right away instead of having to go back and forth to verify your identity etc etc.

snuniteddy

I will try that too, thanks a lot.

@snuniteddy you may have to go buy a cheap prepaid plan from Rogers and see if they can give you the number back and then port it back in to public mobile!  Good luck 

snuniteddy

Unfortunately, the number was ported from Rogers but the number is still available.  Thanks for the advice, I will contact the moderator.

@snuniteddy was it a number from public mobile or Telus?  Or did you port it from an other carrier? Call it to see if someone is using it.  The next step would be to message the moderator_team and ask them if they can help if the number was from public mobile /Telus and its available.  Click here to start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket 

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

snuniteddy

Yes, it has been well over 90 days?  Any possibility that PM can do to help?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@snuniteddy i assume it's been over 90 days? 

Need Help? Let's chat.