cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my email address?

Frank96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, how do I change my email address with Public Mobile? I am currently looking to delete the email address I'm using and cannot see an option to change the email.

44 REPLIES 44

@mmamoonir wrote:

Hi, I need to change my email account for my Public phone account. Would you do it for me? 

Mary_M is no longer with Public Mobile.  You'll need to follow the instructions as provided earlier in this thread to open a ticket to a customer support agent.

mmamoonir

Hi, I need to change my email account for my Public phone account. Would you do it for me? 

HI @Jasmeen 

You will need to open ticket with PM CS Agent and ask them to change the email address for you

To open a ticket with PM Support. Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jasmeen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

can you please help me to change email on my public account if possible thank you 

@Jodi82 wrote:

There is no change username option there on the account page 

@Jodi82   this is an old thread.  The reply you were reading was from 2017.    PM used to have that option but they removed it

Do you need to change email used on PM My Account, if so, you will need to open ticket with PM Support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

***Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Jodi82

There is no change username option there on the account page 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@glosimi wrote:

Hello, I am having trouble logging into my public mobile account because the email I used to login is no longer valid. Unfortunately, i no longer have access to the email I used, since I  happened to be to school email, which is now deleted.I am not able to reset my password or change my email. How can I change my email and reset my password, without having to log in with my previous email.

Thanks.

Contact a CSA.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

glosimi

Hello, I am having trouble logging into my public mobile account because the email I used to login is no longer valid. Unfortunately, i no longer have access to the email I used, since I  happened to be to school email, which is now deleted.I am not able to reset my password or change my email. How can I change my email and reset my password, without having to log in with my previous email.

Thanks.

@BigAl  as the above replies, you can't change username/email address on Self-Serve yourself.  You need to open a ticket with the Mod

Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html.  Type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

You can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
-

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigAl : No indeed. There used to be a way to change the email address but it was only for login. There's an internal email address that doesn't get changed. So you need to contact the moderators and make sure they change both address locations.

Edit: when you get it changed you'll also want ot change the email in this community. That you can do yourself. Make sure to match case. It's the link for rewards if you're interested in earning community rewards.

Yes there's no edit payment card. You pretty much have to re-do it. It's possible that update will leave autopay toggled on. Remove toggles off autopay. Either way just make sure autopay is back on when you're done.

BigAl

I need to change my email address. According to this post, in the self-serve area my email address is my user name.

I am on the self-serve page and there is no option to change my username. I this not an option on the edit profile page, and the only other options are to change my password and change my security question. There is no where that I can see to change my user name.

Also, I need to update the expiry date on my credit card. Thee is no option for that either. The only option is to remove autopay altogether. Is that how it works?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/al

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gwynrj wrote:

Morning,

My email address in my account is showing my wife's email when I set up buying the sim card?

The fact I cant change it in my account made me wary of the the whole platform

Please advise as I really want to change cell provider at this time of financial instability

Gwyn

@gwynrj   You will need to contact moderators to get your email changed, you can message them via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear.  Follow the rest of the prompts to finish submission.

The response time is anywhere from 24+ hours right now, as moderators are short handed, so you will need to be a bit patient.

gwynrj

Morning,

My email address in my account is showing my wife's email when I set up buying the sim card?

The fact I cant change it in my account made me wary of the the whole platform

Please advise as I really want to change cell provider at this time of financial instability

Gwyn

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Modi2 wrote:

My phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

my pin xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 

@Modi2  You should not post personal account details in this public forum where everyone can see it.

If it's just the community account e-mail address you want to change, you can do it yourself at this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

On the other hand, if you want to change your e-mail address in the PM Self-serve account, you'll need to contact the moderators.  Send your current account details along with your desired new e-mail address to the PM Moderators by submitting a ticket through the SIMon chatbot. Click the ? in the lower-right corner of the community page and start a chat until you reach "Submit a ticket" and fill out the form within that link.

Modi2

My phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

my pin xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Edited by SD08.  Personal info should not be posted in this public forum.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Thank you @Gerardo_C for deleting post with persons PIN code. 

Also thank you @SD08 for editing second post with the number showing.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite @ShawnC13 @computergeek541 

Any of you chaps online to edit some personal info? Person even posted pin.... EDIT: reported post to moderators. Maybe one will get to it before some SIM card jacking takes place😬

@Harcourtlarry 

First please click the 3 dots on right side of your post and edit the post to delete your personal information..as it's visible for the public to see.

To change your self serve account email you have to contact moderators.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

IMPORTANT. You should ask them to change your pin as well since everyone sees it now.

to change your community forum email

On top right click your badge.

Then click my settings. The option is there.

Harcourtlarry

Fogot my phone #  xxx-xxx-xxxx

Edited by SD08 to remove phone number

dnhieu

Thanks so much!

@dnhieu wrote:
How can I send PM to you Mary?

@dnhieu 

Mary is no longer working with Public Mobile.

You need to contact the moderator team by clicking on the question mark ("?") in the lower right corner of your screen.

SIMon the chat bit will help you create a ticket. Just tell him that you want to talk to a human until he brings up the contact form.

dnhieu
How can I send PM to you Mary?

Vawldee

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. 

Wolfie

I just did it for my wife's account. You need to send a private message to a moderator giving the old and new username/email address. He then replies by sending you a link so that your identity can be verfied. Once that's done you notify him. He then completes the username/email address. You don't need to include any private info in the private message other than the usernames involved.

bwurban

Thank you!

SD08

@bwurban

As indicated by moderator Mary M. here, you need to send a private message to the moderator team, including your phone number, 4-digit PIN, the old e-mail address on your account, and the new e-mail address you want to use.  

bwurban

Please give instructions on how to change the email that was originally set up for my account.  I can no longer access that email and NEED to change it to my current address.

When I go into the Edit function, it gives me options to change everything

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You will be credited as long as the self-serve account matches the community account @DS08

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

SD08

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @Frank96,

Good question! You can change your self-serve username yourself, but we will have to update the one in the back-end (where you receive all your email notifications) Please send me a private message including your phone number, 4 digit PIN and the new email address 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

@Mary_M

Just to clarify, if we change our email address ourselves in both our self-serve and in our community accounts (matching address), but we don't get a moderator to update the back-end, we would still end up not properly credited for community rewards?

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @Frank96,

Good question! You can change your self-serve username yourself, but we will have to update the one in the back-end (where you receive all your email notifications) Please send me a private message including your phone number, 4 digit PIN and the new email address 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

@Mary_M, thanks for the clarification.  Was this intentional for a reason?  The impression the customer gets based on the description is that we are able to change the username which happens to also be the email.  Unless there is a security or other internal reason for requiring a moderator to change the email, the customer should be allowed to change it.  In fact, the username should be the email as described. 

Need Help? Let's chat.