cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my email address?

Frank96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, how do I change my email address with Public Mobile? I am currently looking to delete the email address I'm using and cannot see an option to change the email.

44 REPLIES 44

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think rkreddyb4u is right because I changed my self serve username(my email address) a month ago without any problem from my self serve account.
Okay thanks @Mary_M for clarification.  

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Frank96,

Good question! You can change your self-serve username yourself, but we will have to update the one in the back-end (where you receive all your email notifications) Please send me a private message including your phone number, 4 digit PIN and the new email address 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shazia_K (or whichever mod is on duty at the moment) care to weigh in on this, since I don't believe a mod has been tagged yet?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

We need a Public Mobile rep to weigh in here and clarify.

WearySky

@rkreddyb4u wrote:

No Mod team help is required to change emailadress, change username and it will upadate the new emailID automatically on your account - I tried this last month and it works fine perfectly

Yes, it shows up in your self service account, but it's been mentioned by mods before that in the back-end, the email address actually associated with your account doesn't change (no idea what this would ever be used for).  I wonder if this might be part of the reason for the "your email address doesn't match your account" issues that people are having with the contact us form?

rkreddyb4u

No Mod team help is required to change emailadress, change username and it will upadate the new emailID automatically on your account - I tried this last month and it works fine perfectly

@WearySky wrote:

What @ShawnC13 said.  The email associated in the back end with your PM account can only be changed by a mod.  It's sorta strange that changing it in self-serve doesn't change it on your account, but so it goes.

Maybe this warrants a labs suggestion.  Unless this is a feature and is needed for something, having to involve a moderato to change account email is not wise use of a scarce resource.  Just let the account holder change it as they see fit.

WearySky

What @ShawnC13 said.  The email associated in the back end with your PM account can only be changed by a mod.  It's sorta strange that changing it in self-serve doesn't change it on your account, but so it goes.

dohadotahmed
Yes you can change your email address by following the instructions other people mentioned but remember that your community email have to be the same as your self serve account to connect the both account.

I have seen a post while doing a search and a MOD said to send them a private message with their account number and the email they want to change to.

Quote from Saray_O

You want to change your Self Serve username as well as the email associated with your Public Mobile account, right? Just send me a private message with your Public Mobile account number, and I will do that for you! Smiley Happy 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dan

Yes, it does state that, but I've done it multiple times, and it changed the email address for me. I can no longer login with the old email address, only with the new one.

sportymi

It states "Please note that changing your Username will not change the email address on your profile." 

I thought you can't change your email address. It's permantely linked, no?

Dan

For selfserve, go to My Profile and then go to Change Username.

For community, go to My Settings (small orange SIM on the top right), Email address will be the option to change on that page.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

You need to login to the selfserve and  on the overview tab on the right hand side is your profile and you can go there and "edit Profile" then "Change username"

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.