cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my plan?

jerryxue1600
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to cancel this plan because I am leaving the country. 

My next payment date is Mar 8. How do I cancel this plan ? 

36 REPLIES 36

Frank_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Without the old loyalty program all PCMobile plans beat Public now.

I know where I'm headed, been a slice PM but PC is in my future... 4 accounts 5-7 years active

ByeBye

@Hanh1 

you can "cancel" if yourself

To "cancel" the plan, you can either port out your number to another provider and your account will be closed upon successful port out of the number

Or you can disable the toggle "Subscribed" to disable Pre-Authorized payment instead.  Once it is disabled, PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed

To disable Pre-Authorized payments (Turn off Subscribed) , you can do it by one of the following:

Hanh1

Can yoh help me cancel my plan

@Elvisp2024 wrote:

If you pay by credit card - go to your bank and say you lost the credit card. You get a new one with a different number. If you pay by debIt - same thing. The old numbers won't work for PM. Voila! They're out of your life.

It would be just as easy to disable the autopay setting inside the Public Mobile Self Serve account or to have a Public Mobile customer support agent to remove the credit card. There's no reason to get a new credit or debit card.

Elvisp2024

If you pay by credit card - go to your bank and say you lost the credit card. You get a new one with a different number. If you pay by debIt - same thing. The old numbers won't work for PM. Voila! They're out of your life.

@IanM1 wrote:

Why do people keep posting in this thread "remove your credit card information"? That's not possible, as they would realize if they looked. More accurate is to say "disable auto-pay", in which case you are relying on Public Mobile to obey the disable flag and not charge your credit card which they insist on retaining.

Personally I think it's bad behaviour when companies won't let you remove credit card information which you no longer wish them to use or to have. It's especially bad for a company which offers no means to cancel online and no means to speak to customer service.

Just leave it for 90 days, you say? That leaves PM with a phone number tied up uselessly for 90 days and an account cancel procedure to trigger which the customer would have done for them if they provided the means.

This message thread is very old and some of the information provided within it is outdated.  Customers used to be able to removed credit cards from inside Self Serve. Unfotunately, this is no longer possible.  A Public Mobile customer support agent will do it for the customer upon request.

IanM1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why do people keep posting in this thread "remove your credit card information"? That's not possible, as they would realize if they looked. More accurate is to say "disable auto-pay", in which case you are relying on Public Mobile to obey the disable flag and not charge your credit card which they insist on retaining.

Personally I think it's bad behaviour when companies won't let you remove credit card information which you no longer wish them to use or to have. It's especially bad for a company which offers no means to cancel online and no means to speak to customer service.

Just leave it for 90 days, you say? That leaves PM with a phone number tied up uselessly for 90 days and an account cancel procedure to trigger which the customer would have done for them if they provided the means.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baolingchen : 1.  Stop paying or 2. Port-out.

baolingchen

If you want to cancel your account then remove autopay.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jody2 wrote:

I wish to cancel my plan

@jody2    You want to cancel your plan and change to a different plan or you want to cancel your account and port out your number?  A few more details to understand what you want to do would help.

If you want to cancel your PM account, then make sure you remove any payment card from your account before porting out as you will lose account access once your account is deactivated because you ported out your number.   Not making payments will also deactivate the account after 90 days of non-payment.

jody2

I wish to cancel my plan

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@jerryxue1600  are you coming back and want to use thenphone number still? If not remove all payment options and let the plan go delinquent after 90 days it will close. 

@tsheringyangzom  are you on auto-pay?

If yes, log into your account and remove your credit card by clicking "Payment" then it's on bottom left. "Manage my card"

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

Once removed..then next payment date when the system does not get any money your account will be put to suspended. 90 days of inactivity your account will be deleted and closed and number will be gone to the open market again.

If you're not on auto-pay and don't have a card attached to your account. You don't have to do anything. It will do as above suspended then deleted after 90 days of no activity.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tsheringyangzom hi if you don't have a credit card on file it will suspend after 90 days the account will close

@tsheringyangzom  log into your self service account and delete your autopay credit card, the account will automatically be closed after 90 days. And your SIM will be garbage. Stay safe. 

@tsheringyangzom wrote:

How do I deactivate my SIM card as I left Canada on 10th May 2020?

Just make sure you remove autopay so your account does not get renewed. Your account will be closed after 90 days from your renewal date.

tsheringyangzom

How do I deactivate my SIM card as I left Canada on 10th May 2020?

@kaheiner please remove your telephone number from the post?  This is a public forum. Are you coming back within 90 days? If you are, you can reactivate your account then. 

To close your account as mentioned in quite a few posts above.

1. Delete your autopay credit card, the account will automatically be closed after 90 days.
  2. Or remove your credit card and port your number out. Your account has to be active to port. Unless it's to Telus or Koodo.

@kaheiner wrote:

We are leaving he country and need to cancel our Mobil phone service.  How do we go about canceling services?

Please do not post information such as your phone nubmer. As for cancelling your services, this was answered earlier. All you need to do is remove any credit or debit card from your account and stop paying.

kaheiner

We are leaving he country and need to cancel our Mobil phone service.  How do we go about canceling services?

edited by omputergeek541: account information removed

You can remove your credit card info for autopay.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-autopay

@Pradip just remove the autopay credit card. The plan will automatically expire in 90 days. 

@Pradip wrote:

My next payment date is April 5. How do I cancel this plan and automatic monthly payment also.

Pradip

My next payment date is April 5. How do I cancel this plan and automatic monthly payment also.

Lol. With my luck I will be in Timbuktu when it happens.

@JenL wrote:

@gblackma  yeah about that, it only happened once when I was on vouchers. Since I've activated autopay I haven't have any issues. 

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma  yeah about that, it only happened once when I was on vouchers. Since I've activated autopay I haven't have any issues. 

With the amount of times autopay seems to fail.  Adding the funds a couple days before your payment is due seems to be The way to go. Lol.

@JenL wrote:

@jerryxue1600  my plan was canceled the day of renewal simply by not paying. I bought a voucher and my phone was up and running as soon as I called 611 and entered the code. You likely will not have any issues if you simply don't pay. Like others advice, check autopay is not active. Go to the payment tab, select make payment, go to manage autopay. From there you can double check your card is not still entered for autopay. 

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jerryxue1600  my plan was canceled the day of renewal simply by not paying. I bought a voucher and my phone was up and running as soon as I called 611 and entered the code. You likely will not have any issues if you simply don't pay. Like others advice, check autopay is not active. Go to the payment tab, select make payment, go to manage autopay. From there you can double check your card is not still entered for autopay. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@bowl wrote:

will my benefits/discounts be preserved when i re-enable? for example, loyalty and referral bonus? 

@bowl  Only if you enable the account within 90 days of the plan expiry.

@bowl more info here:  Luddite's Extended Absence

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@bowl wrote:

will my benefits/discounts be preserved when i re-enable? for example, loyalty and referral bonus? 

@bowl  Only if you enable the account within 90 days of the plan expiry.

Need Help? Let's chat.