cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How customer service can be improved without physical shops and increased number of point of sales

duferdous
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, community,

I bought my PM sim today and changed my previous operator to this operator. I purchased and activated the SIM in Walmart. Surprisingly the salesman in the wireless section suggested me to not go with public mobile (because PM has poor customer service), instead offered me some Koodo/Fido/Virgin mobile plans! As far as I know (and read on the website), PM has plenty of rewards/loyalty points which attracts the customer. But in the long run, is it productive to run with a blog community and restrict the sales point to only 2-3 shops like Walmart/K-mobile?
To me, PM should increase their point of sales. In Montreal, I am a bit frustrated as the Walmart is not near the downtown and if something goes wrong with my activation/sim or something that cannot be solved within community/611, it will be hard to catch again the same Walmart salesman (as sometimes few of them don't even know about the PM services or SIM card!).
Moreover, I feel that the retailers are not yet enough faithful to sell a PM sim card to a new customer (I saw another couple who also asked about PM and finally took the ChatR because of the salesman's suggestions/comments). I expect PM will take care of the issue to retain the loyal customers and retailers. Please increase the number of point of sales (not restricting only to Walmarts).

-a Montrealer student

8 REPLIES 8

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

being able to get sim card at Walmart is great as it is much faster than waiting for the mail!

@MoreYummy wrote:

public mobile is design for those who doesnt need much support and able to do most stuff bythemselves or through online forum.  If you have problem with this way of support. PM is not for you.   so in other way, support in pm harder than those in store.

Totally agree.  However, there are instances where customers don't do the necessary research and end up getting a service that cannot satisfy their needs and expectations.  These are the situations where this service gets a lot of black eyes through no fault of the design of the service.  Of course it is not appropriate to tell customers if they feel they are high maintenance and don't like DIY, go away.  Being a service provider is not easy. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

public mobile is design for those who doesnt need much support and able to do most stuff bythemselves or through online forum.  If you have problem with this way of support. PM is not for you.   so in other way, support in pm harder than those in store.

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One thing PM did make it clear is that they are an online/virtual telecom company (subsidiary of Telus) and what they lack on "real live person/retail shop customer service", they make up on the attractive phone plans rate with royalty points, rewards pts, refer a friend incentive etc and if I have any queries or anything, I post it on the Community, you will get a respond within few minutes most time.  That is Amazing imo esp ever phoning in "said Telcom" and been sitting and waiting on the line for over 30 mins just to talk to someone only to be put on hold again. 

Yay to PM!!! 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think increasing sales locations will help with service unless employees are employed by PM. You are saying if there was a problem with activation you could go back to the Walmart salesman but I wouldn't bother doing that, they are not PM employees and won't be able to help you the way mods can.

I definitely don't want to see PM opening locations with employees otherwise prices will go up. 

@duferdousthere always have been (and will continue to be) 3rd party unofficial SIM card sellers

Public went Walmart because it gives them a much larger more visible presence

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can order a sim online and activate at home, that’s the beauty of PM 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thank you for the review.  Just to let you know, Public Mobile was a pure online service not that long ago.  They just got into selling through Walmart, K-Mobile, wow mobile.  Expect continued improvement as they mature the retail channels.

Need Help? Let's chat.