cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I keep my number and plan?

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I need to leave canada for more than 3 months and how can I keep my plan and number without paying full payment? thanks

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dankaroo wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@zmh1175  when does  your plan expire? When are you leaving?

When are you coming back

What plan are you on?

Answer those questions and we can help out.

But if you want to keep your existing plan you need to renew  before the 90 days pass.

No need to contact mods.they will say same thing.

Edit this is a good read.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

I found this very informative, quick question if I may. Does changing plans effect the regularly accumulated rewards for let's say referrals?

No changing plans does not effect rewards.

except i believe  sometimes when changing from a 90 day to 30 day. The system might get confused and not give you the correct mulyiplier.ie x1 instead of x3.  But mods will adjust if needed.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

When are you coming back

What plan are you on?

But if you want to keep your existing plan you need to renew  before the 90 days pass.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

I found this very informative, quick question if I may. Does changing plans effect the regularly accumulated rewards for let's say referrals?

@zmh1175if you leave it for about 80 days after it's expired you can renew it once online and that will reset limit, rather than pay it every month.

@zmh1175 wrote:

I want to keep my old plan

If its the plan that is currently not available, you must renew that plan before 90 days of expiry or else you will lose your account and your number. 

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I want to keep my old plan

@Alex888 wrote:
You would have to talk to a moderator here: 

Why does OP need to talk to a Mod?

@zmh1175 You let your plan sit on expired/suspended status for no more than 90 days. When you nearing around 88 days, you can switch your plan to cheapest $10 just to renew your account. When that plan expires in 30 days, you have another 90 days. 

So depending on how your account is set up in terms of payment method, we can advise you what to do. For example, if you are on AutoPay, your plan will auto renew so you need disable AutoPay. If you have enough balance in your account, your account will also auto renew. But this can be stopped by using the lost/stolen feature. 

Let us know if you have any further qs. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When are you coming back

What plan are you on?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
You would have to talk to a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could switch to the $10 plan to keep your number.
Need Help? Let's chat.