cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my number back to what I had.

hugfro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

18 REPLIES 18

If the number was assigned by a Telus company first, then the number might be retrievable, via the Moderators.  If the number was originally from another provider, it will return to the designated provider's pool as suggested above for a period of 90-days until it is available for usage again.

@geopublic 

It can't get assigned (barring system errors of course)

A Mod could always manually assign it earlier

And this is only true if it was a Public number

If ported in noone else could ever get the number

@geopublic wrote:

@kav2001c  Are you sure about that? Are you saying that if I change my PM number to another PM number that number doesn't get re-assigned for 90 days?

hugfro

OK, thanks everyone for all the help.

ClaudeR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you want to reach the Moderators, just click on the little envelope at the right of the little bell, upright on the page...

or you may use:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@hugfro wrote:

I changed it a couple of hours ago, but now I want to change it back.  But it wont accept my old number back.

Basically no, you cannot.

Call your old number; if someone answers then guaranteed you cannot have it back. 

Otherwise I have no idea whether the moderators can, or will even try to, get your old number back. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@hugfro wrote:

I changed it a couple of hours ago, but now I want to change it back.  But it wont accept my old number back.

This is not something that you can do yourself.  You would have to ask moderators as suggested earlier, but this isn't something that anyone would promise.

@kav2001c wrote:

@hugfro 

Number is normally in aging pool for 90 days

So 2 options

Wait and then try to change back later (if you enter the exact digits you often can snag the original number*)

Ask Mod to assist

*edit - you WON'T be able to reselect number if number was a port, in that scenario Mod is only choice

@kav2001c  Are you sure about that? Are you saying that if I change my PM number to another PM number that number doesn't get re-assigned for 90 days?

@kav2001c wrote:

False

Number can not be reassigned that quick (90 days normally) so very unlikely a new sub gets the number first

Mod is best one to ask

@geopublic wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

Could a MOD help get an old number back?

Judging by the extremely long moderator response times I don't think it's a good idea to trouble them with these kind of issues. If it's going to take 3-5 days to get a moderator response then it will be highly unlikely that number will be available anyway.

@kav2001c  You are assuming the OP ported in. I was referring from one PM number to another. The OPs chances of getting that old PM number back are slim to none.

False

Number can not be reassigned that quick (90 days normally) so very unlikely a new sub gets the number first

Mod is best one to ask

@geopublic wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

Judging by the extremely long moderator response times I don't think it's a good idea to trouble them with these kind of issues. If it's going to take 3-5 days to get a moderator response then it will be highly unlikely that number will be available anyway.

@hugfro 

Number is normally in aging pool for 90 days

So 2 options

Wait and then try to change back later (if you enter the exact digits you often can snag the original number*)

Ask Mod to assist

*edit - you WON'T be able to reselect number if number was a port, in that scenario Mod is only choice

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hugfro wrote:

Unfortunately, as others have already said, you won't be able to make another number change for another month, plus if you ported your number from another carrier, then your number has been assigned back to the original issuer of your number since your change.  There's an outside chance for you to talk to your previous provider and see if they have any suggestions, but most likely you'll just have to go with your current number now.

@TheOldVR wrote:

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hugfro wrote:

@hugfro  The system only allows you to change your number once every 30 days. More than likely that number is not available anymore.Smiley Sad

hugfro

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@hugfro What do you mean exactly? Phone number from which company? If this number is inactive it would be very difficult to have it

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is there a reason why you want/need to change your phone# back to the original phone# ?

You could try contacting a moderator to see if it is possible to change it back.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hugfro  You need to provide more details so that we might be able to help you. Is this a new activation?

Need Help? Let's chat.