cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Request An Exchange With SIM Card

coltonyyz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!  I have 3 unused regular sized (full size) SIM cards that cannot fit in any cell phone today. I would like to exchange them for tri-punch sim cards. How can I go about doing this?

5 REPLIES 5

@closng wrote: Rather than exchanging them, which I don't think you can, you can cut them down to the size of the SIM cards you want using scissors, you can find templates online to help you with cutting it.

@coltonyyz I have done this successfully just be sure to cut accurately and smooth any "burrs". Otherwise it may jam in the phone and be difficult to remove.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

joesugarman27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Actually,!

Go to any Bell, Rogers and Telus store and ask them for sim adapter tool for nano sim, then use an exacto/scissor and cut the sim! That’s probably the best way!

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coltonyyz wrote:

Hi!  I have 3 unused regular sized (full size) SIM cards that cannot fit in any cell phone today. I would like to exchange them for tri-punch sim cards. How can I go about doing this?

Rather than exchanging them, which I don't think you can, you can cut them down to the size of the SIM cards you want using scissors, you can find templates online to help you with cutting it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I think it would be a tough go asking for a free exchange.  These full size SIM cards were likely acquired back in the day when they were free issue. 

joesugarman27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think you might have to just buy a new SIM from PM website, Walmart or WOW! Then maybe contact a mod and ask for an account credit or smth like that!

Need Help? Let's chat.