cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible calling service in the US Roaming.

pbaner3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was recently in the US and bought unlimited calling and texting in the US and Canada and data roaming add-on. The data and texting services were fine but the calling services was terrible. Whether calling a number in Canada or the U.S., the call would disconnect every one minute. It was terrible. This makes me want to cancel Public Mobile and switch to Koodo since I travel to the US often. Please suggest if I should do that?

5 REPLIES 5

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Koodo and PM might be using the same US partners.

Koodo's addons to the US are better than PM as they dont expire. Koodo also has yearly double addons for the price of one, so you could save more. I used to stock up. For me even with this, PM was cheaper but it may be worth it for you. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@pbaner3 wrote:

I was recently in the US and bought unlimited calling and texting in the US and Canada and data roaming add-on. The data and texting services were fine but the calling services was terrible. Whether calling a number in Canada or the U.S., the call would disconnect every one minute. It was terrible. This makes me want to cancel Public Mobile and switch to Koodo since I travel to the US often. Please suggest if I should do that?

Some have found switching between AT&T and T-Mobile has fixed some issues. Perhaps give it another chance when you go next and try manually connecting to one or the other and back and forth as needed.

I travel to US frequently and had the same intermittant service as you've noted. Once I discovered I could select either network (AT&T or TMobile)...the problem ended. Good luck.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@pbaner3If you travel to the US often, I recommend just get a dedicated US SIM or a US phone. I highly doubt Koodo will be any better because they also use the same peering partners. Just note TMobile is the US version of Freedom, it has extended its network but it needs a band (66) that most phones don't have.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@pbaner3 hi you could contact the moderators with your concerns they may have a fix or issue you a credit click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pbaner3 wrote:

Some have found switching between AT&T and T-Mobile has fixed some issues. Perhaps give it another chance when you go next and try manually connecting to one or the other and back and forth as needed.

Need Help? Let's chat.