cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Rewards Amazon Gift Card

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To be eligible for the Amazon gift cards do we have to do anything besides make a post? 

Does posting in Community mean creating a new post via asking a question or does answering a question, or just commenting qualify as well?

Also, will our names just go into a random draw for the gift cards or how will they be awarded?

37 REPLIES 37

JenL

@computergeek541  I hope people give the benefit of the doubt, hundreds of people entered. I'd hope if it was not legit it would have been stopped right away. I know PM is on top of issues. Good luck to everyone who entered. 

@JenL wrote:

@J-L I know they make a list of top contributors. They're constantly telling people not to post personal information, maybe the other winners feel it's too personal. There are a few things in life that are meant to be kept private, your money is one. Hope I've helped people and not frustrated anyone by being the only winner coming forward. It's no one's business really. I was just being nice. 

When it comes to contests and lotteries (especially for lotteries since you have to pay for a ticket), announcing who won can be important to show people that that the promotion/lottery was legitimate.

JenL

@J-L there still may be a list. I was thinking. The winners are picked the week of the 7th it has not even been long enough. And those winners have so long to respond, if they do not a next winner is picked, if that person does not see the email or message either, that's going on 4 extra days. Be patient. 

Hi how were you notified? Email? Private message? Etc? Thanks.

@JenL wrote:

@J-L I know they make a list of top contributors. They're constantly telling people not to post personal information, maybe the other winners feel it's too personal. There are a few things in life that are meant to be kept private, your money is one. Hope I've helped people and not frustrated anyone by being the only winner coming forward. It's no one's business really. I was just being nice. 

JenL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@beleaf67 wrote:

so to be clear, there is no list of all winners?  That was my understanding.  Just too bad becasue I don't frequently check so maybe I missed it (or my family members who have their own lines)... :-(.  Too bad we don't get txt message with a notification.   Did the draw actually took place?

It was a lot of people. We've only heard from the one winner so far.

Your community notifications should, by default, send you an email if and when you get a private message. If you used a temp/little used email address that you never check just because you didn't want to get emails from here then that's on you. (not you specifically...just generally)

J-L

@beleaf67 wrote:

so to be clear, there is no list of all winners?  That was my understanding.  Just too bad becasue I don't frequently check so maybe I missed it (or my family members who have their own lines)... :-(.  Too bad we don't get txt message with a notification.   Did the draw actually took place?

I was under the impression they were going to post a winner list as well. I'm sure I read that somewhere/ in the original announcement of the contest

JenL

@beleaf67 yes, it actually happened. 

beleaf67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous  I have mine purposely turned off so I don't get constant notifications. I didn't have it turned off for my other personal account and that one thread inundated that email. I check it very rarely and it had pages of notifications. I shall have to check the settings for the other accounts. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous  I made one proper submission quite close to the end of the contest but had responded to questions in the thread. I never thought of checking the private messages of the accounts i manage because they never will. I hope one of them didnt win and never replied! I didnt win I know that much.

Set up email notifications for those accounts. I have them set to send me an email if and when a post of mine is selected as the solution. And if and when I get a pm.

Which by the way has changed. It used to be that that email had the content of the pm. Now it just has the link. Maybe they're using that as a defense against people replying to the email rather than going to private messaging and replying.

@Anonymous  I made one proper submission quite close to the end of the contest but had responded to questions in the thread. I never thought of checking the private messages of the accounts i manage because they never will. I hope one of them didnt win and never replied! I didnt win I know that much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

And here i thought they have yet to select winners since there were too many entries to go through and with a lot of them being duplicates. We made the team aware of the duplicate entries so they must've made sure all winners are meeting the requirements. 

And yet JenL made one proper submission but replied a bunch of times to other posts. I just posted once in the entire thread.

And here i thought they have yet to select winners since there were too many entries to go through and with a lot of them being duplicates. We made the team aware of the duplicate entries so they must've made sure all winners are meeting the requirements. 

JenL

@CannonFodder thank you!

JenL

@Anonymous thank you!

JenL

@NQP-Click thank you!

JenL

@J-L   I received a message from PM.

@JenL   Congrats on the freebie! 👍 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J-L wrote:

@NQP-Click wrote:

In the original post on entering the contest, public mobile stated,

"When and how will I know if I won?

Make sure to enter before December 25th 11:59PM ET for your chance to win. All the winners will be selected and contacted via private message the week of January 7th 2020. This Community post will also be updated with a list of the winners. A little way to start your year off right."

@JenL Congratulations on your win!!

If someone is away travelling, so their PM phone service is not working would a private text message get through to them? I hope PM would contact them via email or a private message in their community account page. 

By default, in the community, getting a private message would send an email notification to your community email address. If you're monitoring that then you would know. But yes if you don't respond then they would select another.

Congrats JenL.

J-L

@NQP-Click wrote:

Make sure to enter before December 25th 11:59PM ET for your chance to win. All the winners will be selected and contacted via private message the week of January 7th 2020. This Community post will also be updated with a list of the winners. A little way to start your year off right."

If someone is away travelling, so their PM phone service is not working would a private text message get through to them? I hope PM would contact them via email or a private message in their community account page. 

NQP-Click
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

J-L

@JenL wrote:

@Milk I'm not sure about the other 49 but, I won a $50 gift card! It was easy to follow the instructions and I really enjoyed following the feed. So many lifted spirits during the holidays! 

Congratulations @JenL !

Just curious, how did they inform you?

@JenL   Congrats your the first winner we've heard from. So I guess if we haven't been informed were a winner were out of luck.

JenL

@Milk I'm not sure about the other 49 but, I won a $50 gift card! It was easy to follow the instructions and I really enjoyed following the feed. So many lifted spirits during the holidays! 

When the contest closed, moderator said "winners will be announced early in the new year". That's the last I've read.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Milk wrote:

Is there a listing of the winners?

I haven't seen one.

I _really_ hope they sifted through each name they drew and made sure they had an active account and that they didn't submit duplicates.

Then they have to contact each drawn name and verify and do a skill testing question and all.

That was a lot of individual people to contact.

I know I haven't been contacted 🙂 so I'm out.

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there a listing of the winners?

@Soccer1210  To enter the contest you have to post in the official thread contained in announcements and on the top of the main community page. Happy Noel!

Need Help? Let's chat.