cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey

MisterGray-12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to request to switch from public mobile to Virgin. I got my activation going in process now and I need to unlock my phone with my public mobile phone. Before my public mobile plan I did have a Telus postpaid. I would like some kind of assistance to help unlock my phone please and thank you 

9 REPLIES 9

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@MisterGray-12 wrote:

I need to request to switch from public mobile to Virgin. I got my activation going in process now and I need to unlock my phone with my public mobile phone. Before my public mobile plan I did have a Telus postpaid. I would like some kind of assistance to help unlock my phone please and thank you 

The moderators could take some time to reply.  I would also try and contact Telus and try to get assistance from them

My recollection is that PM will only unock phones if one has an active account. If you, MisterGray, have already transferred your number to Virgin you must go back to Telus to unlock your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chukdefatey wrote:

@Lorca wrote:

If Your phone is locked to Telus you will have to contact them. Unfortunately Public doesn’t unlock Telus phones. 

Please don't post things if you are unsure because people make decisions based on what they Read. Public Mobile will unlock Koodo and Telus Phones, however most Telus/Koodo  phones from the last five to six years don't need to be unlocked in order for them to work on Public Mobile

He wants to use it on  Virgin.

it would probably be quicker for him to go directly through Telus for the unlock than to wait 2-5 days for a moderator to do it.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lorca wrote:

If Your phone is locked to Telus you will have to contact them. Unfortunately Public doesn’t unlock Telus phones. 

Please don't post things if you are unsure because people make decisions based on what they Read. Public Mobile will unlock Koodo and Telus Phones, however most Telus/Koodo  phones from the last five to six years don't need to be unlocked in order for them to work on Public Mobile

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@MisterGray-12 wrote:

The moderators could take some time to reply.  I would also try and contact Telus and try to get assistance from them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Lorca wrote:

@Jb456 @Lorca 

Public Mobile will unlock/provide unlock codes for Telus, Koodo, and Public Mobile locked phones.

Thanks for this information! Learn something new each day 😁 I've edited my post.

@Lorca wrote:

@Jb456 @Lorca 

Public Mobile will unlock/provide unlock codes for Telus, Koodo, and Public Mobile locked phones.

@MisterGray-12 wrote:

If the phone is locked to Telus, the Public Mobile moderators can help you with that.  Click on the floating question mark icon and type in "open ticket".  You'll be given the option to make such a request.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What kind of phone is it? Is it new? Phones these days come unlocked but older models before law passed would still be locked to original carrier.

POST Edited: public mobile unlocks Koodo n Telus phones as per @computergeek541 

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need Help? Let's chat.