The screen cap says it all.  

Screenshot_20200216-091814.png

11 REPLIES 11

TheAlex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@will13am  a écrit :

@TheAlex wrote:

Hi!

Have you tried checking if your device's date is the current time? You could try other browsers or try using a different DNS (not sure about this).

Hope this helps!

I am not sure what the problem is.  I use cloudflare DNS.  I am not really sure what the cause is and problem comes and goes.  This SSL certificates here could be part of the problem.

Indeed! It could be that it is expired (even though the website is working fine for me) or you possibly changed the time on your device, which lead to the certificate being interpreted as expired.

Cheers!

@TheAlex wrote:

Hi!

Have you tried checking if your device's date is the current time? You could try other browsers or try using a different DNS (not sure about this).

Hope this helps!

I am not sure what the problem is.  I use cloudflare DNS.  I am not really sure what the cause is and problem comes and goes.  This SSL certificates here could be part of the problem.

john567

Site SSL certs were expired ( from what I can tell this happened - Feb 7, based on the old certificate ), and in some cases a self-signed cert was being presented. Chrome/IE/FF will throw warning when this happens. 

as of 10:30 EST I believe the issue has been resolved. 

TheAlex

Hi!

Hope this helps!

john567

I had checked yesterday, site SSL certificates for *.publicmobile.ca had expired Feb 7, 2020 and in some cases a self-signed cert was being presented. This is most likley the result of the Browser errors - Chrome/IE/FF dont accept these conditions without warning.

As of this morning 10h30 EST valid certificate are being presented for  *.publicmobile.ca - at least from what I can tell. 

killerofmusic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah i am getting the same error on my smartphone. However no safety warning on my computer. Maybe some problem with Java Script scripting on the website.

I am using Chrome Windows 10 and Safari and no warnings at this time.  

Glenn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Using Chrome here and no problems

@will13am  I'm not getting the same PM message logging into my self service / my account using Edge or Chrome  on Windows 10. Is anyone else getting the message using Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or any other browser?

@gblackma wrote:

Could be wrong @will13am , but the last time this happened, the consensus was to ignore it and continue. Out of curiosity did your browser receive an update? And which browser are you using? 

@will13am wrote:

Running latest version of chrome on my phone which is on android 10.  I cannot ignore and move on.  Deleting cache, rebooting and other fidgety techniques eventually overcomes the problem.  It's only a forum.  I would crap myself if this was a bank website.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Could be wrong @will13am , but the last time this happened, the consensus was to ignore it and continue. Out of curiosity did your browser receive an update? And which browser are you using? 

@will13am wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.