makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

The new 28.JPG

See, a Match made in Heaven

24 REPLIES 24

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28wrote:

Nah, I have more to do in Game Development Classes, BUT PM is a way to learn how things in Handset is done, JUST that PM just created such a Fury, it's between entertaining and educational, SO, Edutainment

BUT, We all have to pay OUR dues, Just like the Nxt PPL behind us will as well

@makkahn28, let's face it. PM is a goner. Just enjoy it while you can then when Telus pulls the plug, go for the next best deal you can find (preferably something non-Telus, but if they are the cheapest than that's fine as well).

Nah, I have more to do in Game Development Classes, BUT PM is a way to learn how things in Handset is done, JUST that PM just created such a Fury, it's between entertaining and educational, SO, Edutainment

BUT, We all have to pay OUR dues, Just like the Nxt PPL behind us will as well

@makkahn28 You are having fun here !  Smiley Happy

@Korth, I'm not here for the rewards per se, BUT When PM makes an Inhuman Error, They MUST be called out and Lectured on Importance of Keeping the Promise they make, when a Promo, and say that No Changes will be made SO LONG as NO Changes to promo plan is made, Add-On's do NOT affect that, Thank God

It looks like manipulation of a gamified system to me, lots of posts lots of visibility lots of bravos ... get those high scores ... a lot of time and a lot of effort to "earn" a reward of 5 or 10 bucks, haha.

Fortunately, the system includes multiple layers of human judgement.  Quality wins over quantity, even if it takes a short time to kick in.

@mimmo@will13am@NDesai, I'm sure that you can relate to this:

Everyone wants a Consistent Price that they know in advance, and IF Add-On's are required, at least one can budget for these well in advance

BUT with Postpaid, no safeguards, No Training wheels as they call it, so one has to almost be paranoid over the Bill, which is more of a Stress and perhaps a hazard to one's health

Just saying, Consistency is best and that Postpaid is like the Stress that makes PPL paranoid over the Bill every Month

It's OK, no biggie.

One has to know the inner workings of Each to understand how they Tick

Postpaid is like that Old toy Jack in the Box.

Always full of Surprises.

Wished Prepaid HAD all the Trimmings of Postpaid, just without the Credit Checks, Selling Handsets, Call Center, Overly Grace periods, Think 7-14 day Grace to top to be reasonable

Plus, PM's Data set up, and Add-On Data workings, I find that to be MUCH more preferable to the Postpaid set up, which is literally a Bag of Surprises and Shocks, which I think is the source of the Angst PPL have with Postpaid these days

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 sorry i misunderstood your last post.   I thought you were refering to PM not a postpaid plan.

an easy solution (i think) is to manually select a carrier that way whne you go close to a border it doesn't connect.

my apologies.

@mimmo, I know that.

Just that on a Postpaid, IF, Let's say you live near Border, EVEN IF you haven't crossed, once Phone picks UP US Tower Signal, The Bill just got tagged

My Youngest Sis, who was on VM, she lives near Border area in ON, and her Bill was supposed to be let's say $25 Before Tax, well, when her Phone Picked up US Tower Signal, her Bill went beyond the roof

My Eldest Sis had to argue the point over phone, and this happened every month.

That's the trouble with Postpaid, No safeguards

mimmo

@makkahn28wrote:

When I was on VM, they had too many, and they called it Silver, Gold, Platinum, Bronze, I was on Silver, and then they had all these different plans, that I found almost daunting, At Least Public Simplified their's, BUT, with all these changes, and 3G Stuff, they're making it more Complex than it really needs to be.

They had a Good Set up with their base Pick and Choose Plans, and their Add-On Data was marvelous, Though They can add more Add-On Data options, like 500MB, 750MB and 2GB,

and I also like how they made the US Roaming Add-On's, which I think CRTC/CCTS should mandate,  to prevent Accidental Incursion of fees when near Border area, Though I find their 2 Click picking to be more hassle and confusing, PPL complained on that alone, and PM has yet to fix the issue, Plus the Bugs and Glitches, PM doing this Plan increase on a Promo is making it more work, and dire, which I can't understand how they can do this

just a point of clarification : there are no overage fees atr PM.  if you get a US network you will not get any service calls text or data,  (sms will however be received). 

@makkahn28wrote:

@NDesai@will13am, Just curious, IF Public kept raised the Prices 15-25% every year, and you ONLY receive a Fraction of the Services you thought that should be part of the package, Would you be happy, or would you be a bit upset?

Every time They do these, it becomes obvious that ONLY those who are making HIGHER 6-Digit figures can actually afford a Plan

Phones are becoming MORE ridiculously Expensive as well, and I fear that it may become a Luxury JUST for a Handset, NEVERMIND a Plan that is decent enough

I am trying desperately to not feed the troll but I cannot help myself.  Why would any person of sound mind continue with a service that has yearly price inflation of 15-25%?  Don't tell me that if Dave had not retracted the price increase you would have opted to stay instead of take the migration offer?  If that is what you would have done, then you have no right to complain about cell service being too expensive.  In accordance with my unwavering principle of being loyal to my wallet first, I would have opted for the lowest cost option available to me.  If that meant migrating to Koodo, so be it.  If it meant going to the competition that offered something competive, that would be fine also. 

When I was on VM, they had too many, and they called it Silver, Gold, Platinum, Bronze, I was on Silver, and then they had all these different plans, that I found almost daunting, At Least Public Simplified their's, BUT, with all these changes, and 3G Stuff, they're making it more Complex than it really needs to be.

They had a Good Set up with their base Pick and Choose Plans, and their Add-On Data was marvelous, Though They can add more Add-On Data options, like 500MB, 750MB and 2GB,

and I also like how they made the US Roaming Add-On's, which I think CRTC/CCTS should mandate,  to prevent Accidental Incursion of fees when near Border area, Though I find their 2 Click picking to be more hassle and confusing, PPL complained on that alone, and PM has yet to fix the issue, Plus the Bugs and Glitches, PM doing this Plan increase on a Promo is making it more work, and dire, which I can't understand how they can do this

mimmo

Not sure what plan you are on and it foesnt matter. In general  if I can not afford something I go without, or go less.  I can get a plan for 25$ (no data) and work on wifi when available. Or get a smaller data packages.

Just saying if prices increase I adjust my spending. 

As for the overages not sure what caused them so can't comment. But when I had my 500mb of data /month I was never caught going over my limit. 

@wetcoaster, I understand what your thinking, JUST, PM made a very Foolish move, and PPL are up in madness, and now that Koodo Reps are saying things to PPL who are JUST Inquiring on the Koodo offer, This has become almost mind boggling,

Which I find those Txts or this Koodo switch thing almost repulsive

I found a Plan that meets my iniatives, on a 90 Day cycle, BUT If PM had a 150 Day Cycle, and Fee was reasonable, I'd go for that, as I  can then at least recharge my CC and have Long-interrupted service, and I also like the way the Data is set, No Unexpected fees If Overage of Data, and Add-On Data being Non-expiry, Just think that POSTPAID is becoming more Expensive, and worse like some Taxi Meter

I'd be more alarmed at what the Totall would be at end of journey cycle

@torontokris, I am not here for the Rewards as much.

I believe in paying a "FAIR" Price

BUT, IF PM raised the fees, let's say my plan is $150 before the HST of 13% and they raised it to $210 Before the HST of 13%, I'd be more concerned of how I'd be able to pay on time.

I depend on the Plan

When I was with VM, my last plan was, $56 before the Tax, and when my Father was using it, because it was Postpaid, I ended up paying, $106 One month, $96 another, $114, It was like over DD what my plan should be, and I had to fight Tooth and Nail over the phone

This is what I dislike on what Carriers are doing, and WHY I think there should be Laws in place to prevent such horrible practices

@makkahn28wrote:

@NDesai, As you see that as PM made a Huge Error with that little increase bump, and then having to redact that statement, I hope U can understand that these are Practices I highly detest.

I may not have these Promos, BUT, I think PM could have been more sensitive, YET @ShawnC13 is acting like Who Cares. At LEAST I care for social Justice

Now you are adding insults to spamming?

The reality is that you are cluttering up the community with so many random/useless new topics, making it so much harder for us who try our best to assist people with the problems they need help with - and for the oracles who are working hard to keep on top and merge the posts that are all saying the same.

You have posted some good ideas in the past, most of them were highly unrealistic though. These days, you are just sounding like a broken record and plenty of your posts don't make any sense at all nor do they have anything to do with "social justice". If you must post more of your repetitions, could you at least consider doing so in one single "special makkahn28 thread", please?

@NDesai@will13am, Just curious, IF Public kept raised the Prices 15-25% every year, and you ONLY receive a Fraction of the Services you thought that should be part of the package, Would you be happy, or would you be a bit upset?

Every time They do these, it becomes obvious that ONLY those who are making HIGHER 6-Digit figures can actually afford a Plan

Phones are becoming MORE ridiculously Expensive as well, and I fear that it may become a Luxury JUST for a Handset, NEVERMIND a Plan that is decent enough

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13wrote:

@makkahn28, can I ask what point of all your pointless posts are?  This site if for service and assistance.  Why are you wasting people time by posting and thinking you need help?  Over the last three days you have had numerous posts without a direction.  People have lost their posting rights because of actions like this.  Sorry if this seems harsh but just tired of coming on here to see stuff like this.  I guess I should use ignore user feature on the forum

He heard they might raise the price so he's trying to get his community rewards $ off  for posting many times, 

@makkahn28wrote:

@NDesai, As you see that as PM made a Huge Error with that little increase bump, and then having to redact that statement, I hope U can understand that these are Practices I highly detest.

I may not have these Promos, BUT, I think PM could have been more sensitive, YET @ShawnC13 is acting like Who Cares. At LEAST I care for social Justice

If I was acting as you said and didn't care why would have put in 100's of hours over hte last 15 months actually helping customers with their service here rather than making so many posts that have no direction or such high end requests that they would never come to a no frills proider.  @makkahn28, if you did care like you said you would spend time on here actually helping people not dreaming up 500 Public lab ideas that would have no chance of being implemented even if the lab was up and running and using ideas for new features

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13, My apologies, Just that IF PM does these things, it makes a mockery of the entire thing.

I pay enough as it is, Not wanting to pay 2x and getting 1% of worth

@ShawnC13wrote:

@makkahn28, can I ask what point of all your pointless posts are?  This site if for service and assistance.  Why are you wasting people time by posting and thinking you need help?  Over the last three days you have had numerous posts without a direction.  People have lost their posting rights because of actions like this.  Sorry if this seems harsh but just tired of coming on here to see stuff like this.  I guess I should use ignore user feature on the forum

I think he's really missing the Public Lab Smiley Wink

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

You are a legend in your own mind!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.