cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Herassment calls

RODNEY2008
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got a 647number since Tuesday now Thursday I wander if my number should be chanegd or to block them on android phone if so how so on samsung A5 or A70 thanks The collections are calling for the old phoneholder of the number:

10 REPLIES 10

Willaug56

Easy to block numbers on the A5 2017 

RODNEY2008

I have blocked a few numbers since I had this 647 Number I now know how to block since some one gave me link on here thanks 

@will13am wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Yup of you are not attached to your number just drop it

You can do it once ever 30 days from selfserve, go to plan and add-ons, you'll add tab change number

Keep in mind you may get another number that is plagued with it, but worth trying. If it's unbearable again you could contact moderators and ask to try another one before30 days is up

Bad advice.  The moderators cannot override the one phone number change every 30 days.  This is a hard limit. 

Good to know, thanks

I was under impression it can be done as rogers did it for me almost daily for the first week when i started with them.  Well things change

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

I got a 647number since Tuesday now Thursday I wander if my number should be chanegd or to block them on android phone if so how so on samsung A5 or A70 thanks The collections are calling for the old phoneholder of the number:

On the Samsung A5 it's very easy to block any number you want.  Just go into your call log, select the number you want blocked and click the 3 little dots top right of the call and it will give you an option to add that number to auto reject list, select auto reject.  They will still be able to call but you won't hear the call, however, it'll still show on your phone log. 

I've done it to quite a few spam numbers and after a while (sometimes months) they usually stop. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I had this happen to me with my current number with Telus. At first I just ignored the calls or briefly spoke with the caller and said stop calling me!

I did not want to lose my number so I just started picking up the phone and talking through the situation. They weren't looking for me so they were wasting both our times. 

Eventually someone listened to me and took my number off their list. Although another couple of companies inhereted the account, and called me, I discussed the same things with them. It has been 6 months since I've had a call and I still have that number.

@kselmak wrote:

You can do it once ever 30 days from selfserve, go to plan and add-ons, you'll add tab change number

Keep in mind you may get another number that is plagued with it, but worth trying. If it's unbearable again you could contact moderators and ask to try another one before30 days is up

Bad advice.  The moderators cannot override the one phone number change every 30 days.  This is a hard limit. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RODNEY2008You can request a new number via your selfserve account.. just click on Select a new phone number. Do note you are only allowed 1 change every 30 days.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

@RODNEY2008 

https://www.teamknowhow.com/kit-guide/phones/samsung/galaxy-s8/block-phone-number-on-samsung-phone

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

Yes you can definitely go into your account and choose a new number.

Need Help? Let's chat.