cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help lol

Amandamac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok i have no clue if this is where im supposed to post ok so im paid up for another few weeks and got a new pgonw through Fido and took my public mobile number with me so my husband waw going to use my phone with public mobile so i tried to change the number and it doeant work now the phone says unregistered sim card helpppp 

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 I wasn't even sure what language the original post was written it.  Great work decoding it.  You should work for the Google Translate team.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13,

Nice work. 😉

@ShawnC13@  wrote:

@NDesai, lol this might be the first time I have seen someone get an accepted solution by asking the OP more questions NICE WORK lol

Nope, you deserve it 🙂

@NDesai, lol this might be the first time I have seen someone get an accepted solution by asking the OP more questions NICE WORK lol

ETA: I wasn't mentioning it to have it switched.  I thought it was pretty funny I was thinking we were on Jeopardy!!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

ETA @NDesai, what I am getting is that she had a few weeks left on her plan but she has left for Fido to get a new phone and ported out her number.  After porting out her number her husband tried to use her SIM and to change the number on it and use that plan.  That is when they got the message of the SIM error.

I partially thought of that, but i guess i misread some parts. You nailed it 🙂

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It sounds like you ported-out your number to Fido from PM - when you did this it would have closed your PM account and made your SIM Unregistered.

In order to get your husband using PM, you will need to get a new SIM card and he will need to activate a new account with a new phone number (SIM cards are one-time use and not transferable).

You can order a SIM through the website or better yet, visit a Walmart or WOW mobile boutique and pickup a New PM SIM card there.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Amandamac Yes, this is the right place to ask for help. 

For your issue, i am having a bit of trouble understanding. May be if you elaborate a little more, it might help. 

You paid for a few week for what? Did you port out public mobile number to fido? Where did you try to change the number? 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Amandamac, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but once you have ported out your number to another provider it closes your account and your sim becomes deactivated.  As PM is a prepaid service you have also lost out on the amount of time you had left on your plan and there are no refunds.

ETA @NDesai, what I am getting is that she had a few weeks left on her plan but she has left for Fido to get a new phone and ported out her number.  After porting out her number her husband tried to use her SIM and to change the number on it and use that plan.  That is when they got the message of the SIM error.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.