cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for a friend

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys a friend of mine recently switched over  from Bell to Public and she can’t send or receive calls but her data works. I think it’s a problem where she wasn’t paid up on her old bell contract. Anyhow I’m trying to change her phone number to see if that will fix it and it won’t let me, keeps coming up failed. Then I tried to change SIM cards and that comes up “oh no and it can’t complete this” what can I do for her

3716E2D3-FFF5-4B27-A7D1-FFE441AE886E.jpeg

FF5AE71E-3F1F-4C24-80AA-F847BA486B1A.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

1- Can only change number once every 30 days

2- Can't change number if port is in progress (progress includes failed or stuck ports, which a mod is then required to intervene)

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public mobile called me today and have it all fixed up now, it shows as Telus as that’s who owns Public Mobile, sometimes 2 minutes on the phone is all it takes instead of many posts and direct messages 🙂 thanks everyone 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman  In order to port a number the old account has to be active, if it wasn't then the port won't go through properly. You can only change your phone number once ever 30 days, that might be whyshe can't change it. I think she will need to contact the moderators, she can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Hey guys a friend of mine recently switched over  from Bell to Public and she can’t send or receive calls but her data works. I think it’s a problem where she wasn’t paid up on her old bell contract. Anyhow I’m trying to change her phone number to see if that will fix it and it won’t let me, keeps coming up failed. Then I tried to change SIM cards and that comes up “oh no and it can’t complete this” what can I do for her

Stop flailing around! The number and SIM are important pieces in this puzzle.

If you did the transfer number during activation/setup then that can take a period of time. But outgoing calls *should* work. If you're trying to transfer after set up then you need to use the transfer number option not select new number.

I hope you haven't "burned" the original SIM with trying to change it. I hope you haven't lost your original number trying to change it.

Does your account say active? Do the last 4 digits of the SIM match that which is on the account under Change SIM? (don't change the SIM)

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your friends old account with Bell still has to be active for the port to be sucessful.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

What plan did she sign up for?

As far as the bill goes, I understand they will just send her an exit bill which shouldn't hold up anything.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They might me in the middle of the port.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

What plan did she sign up for?

Need Help? Let's chat.