cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! No incoming calls, no texting

Time
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Public Mobile community.

I ported my number over from Rogers to PM on Nov 10th and..

Some issues I'm facing:

1) Cannot receive incoming calls

2) Cannot exchange text incoming or outgoing (kind of, explained later)

Some positives and the things working as intended are:

a) Data is working great

b) Can make outgoing calls

c) Can apparently exchange text between people only under the Telus network (didn't try on large a sample size but seems to be the case so far)

Things I've tried to troubleshoot:

i) Restarting the phone

ii) Reinserting the SIM card

iii) Setup my APN with the steps provided in the forums

iv) Called Rogers and they said they have no record of an attempt of my number being ported

I'm glad there's a strong community commited to helping its members and hope I could get some assistance in resolving my case as well.

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

Wasaga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your advice...will contact my previous provider to ensure they have received a porting request from Public Mobile.

Ankita

Same issue i am facing here. The moderator team said me xhange your number.

GermansBest

Joint PM 3 days ago and cant do nothing with my phone except calling out im getting frustraded because i read up on everything here and tried doing it as told. Still no results

Time

Hey guys sorry to hear you're having issues similar to mine. I'm sure it's not easy on both ends as consumers as well as service provider representatives, we all want to make this work.

Just to be clear, I discovered two days ago it was actually my own fault for the incomplete porting. I gave a piece of wrong information when I was initially signing up to Public Mobile.

But now my port is complete after I provided the correct info to PM. Note that it was from taking action on my end to help the process along where I can.

So my advice, if you haven't already, is get in touch with your old service provider and ask them if they received a porting request from PM. That's how I discovered my own mistake.

Hope you're able find other useful resources from the community and elsewhere to get the assistance you need.

Best of luck you guys!

mharichu

want my money back!

mharichu

Really?

We are gonna lost our job.

Cullenmcdonald

Same here... Day #2.

mharichu

me too I have the same problem...

I've sent my info on Private message..

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Time,

I have responded to your private message 🙂

Cheers,

MAry

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Time

I want to give advice and an example from my own mistake for incomplete porting.

I provided the wrong account number as I was porting from Rogers to Public Mobile and discovered this after calling Rogers to check if they received a port request (they did).

I'd advise anyone with incomplete porting to double check with your old service provider on the porting request (as well as testing both SIM card functions). Especially if you have the same "symptoms" as I did:

1) Old service provider and Public Mobile sim cards both partially work...

2) Where PM sim has working Data and can only make outgoing calls

3) Where old service provider sim has working SMS text exchange and can receive incoming calls

Be mindful this is specific to my case but I hope this helps anyone stuck in a similar situation with some actions/options to help yourself with possibly a solution at the end. Best of luck!

Time

Okay I'll be waiting then.

In the meantime I'll take your advice and use two phones and see how things pan out as well as message a mod.

Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

your port has not been completed properly.  in most liklyhood your old sim will still recieve calls.  you will need to private message one of the moderators @Mary_M with your old account number old account name exatly as shown. and your phone number. (click mary_m name then click private message)

Be aware there is currently a large backlog and "wait times have been 2 -3 days"

Not sure if you can re initiate the port from selfserve.  if you have an old phoneput your old sim in there and see if you can use two phone one for incoming one for outgoing. (as a temporary fix)

Need Help? Let's chat.