cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help I cant activate my sim card!!!

Tishie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have spend over an hour trying to activate my sim card. I have no idea if my phone is unlocked so maybe that is part of the problem but not sure.

I fill everything out and pick a phone number (since I can't port my koodo number until afterwards). Then I enter my credit card number. I get this message "activation failed. Contact public mobile". But I can't. There is no where to call.

17 REPLIES 17

Roger4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

i just ported my number to PM from TELUS and registered my SIM card all at the same time. If you are with Koodo it should be just as easy for you. Koodo is part of the same group.

Start over with the activation of your SIM card and select not to assign a new number, in other words your keeping your own.

The application will ask you to enter your “old” carrier or provider, that will be Koodo.

if you have your account number, it may help as well but they require only the “ red start” identified lines to be filled.

I believe you already went through the credit card and address info, you will likely need to start that over.

The porting was fast, I have to admit that I can’t say exactly how long but it was less than 2 hours for the SIM activation And porting.

vktoronto

Where did you get your PM sim card? From what you described it might also be a problem caused by a faulty SIM card... If you tried again and the activation still failed while your credit card was not charged, it might be a SIM card issue. If your credit card was charged yet the activation failed, then you have to contact Moderator for help like others have advised, do not keep trying in such case to avoid multiple credit card charges.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In Chrome, there's an option to open a "New Incognito Window". It doesn't use/keep the browsing history, so it can rule out issues that might be coming from stored cookies or the like.

@Tishie1 wrote:

What is incongnito mode?

Or in private...click on the 3 dots right up on the page browser...

Tishie1

What is incongnito mode?

@Tishie1 wrote:

Thanks.

So you're sure I don't need to unlock my phone?

You still might need to unlock your phone, but a locked phone would not prevent online account activation.

@Tishie1 wrote:

My credit card was not charged. And I can't log into my account so the activation definitely didn't go through. I've now filled out forms 3 times!

I would wait 1 hour between attempts.  The activation portal will sometimes tenporarily lock out the ability to use a specific sim card after a failed activation attempt.

Tishie1

Thanks.

So you're sure I don't need to unlock my phone?

Tishie1

My credit card was not charged. And I can't log into my account so the activation definitely didn't go through. I've now filled out forms 3 times!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Tishie1 As you were with Koodo your phone will work on Public Mobile.

Check your credit card for a charge from PM. If there was none, wait a few hours and try the activation again after clearing your browser's cache and using incognito mode, or a different browser.

If you have been charged, you need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base for additional information on contacting the moderator team. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Do not close your Koodo account. That happens automatically once you complete the transfer of your number.

Hang in there. Better days to come. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Tishie1 It may work better on your computer, try using Chrome in incognito mode. If you previously had Koodo prepaid you will need to contact the moderators to complete a number transfer after you have activated your SIM, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Tishie1

Ok

I'll check my credit card.

@Tishie1 wrote:

I have tried 3 times on my cellphone. I could try on my computer...

Do I need to unlock it if I am with koodo? Apparently they are somewhat connected to public mobility...

In incognito mode is good...but check first if you were already charged...

@Tishie1 wrote:

I have spend over an hour trying to activate my sim card. I have no idea if my phone is unlocked so maybe that is part of the problem but not sure.

I fill everything out and pick a phone number (since I can't port my koodo number until afterwards). Then I enter my credit card number. I get this message "activation failed. Contact public mobile". But I can't. There is no where to call.

Your phone isn't causing that.  A phone device is not required to activate your service, although you obviously would not be abe to use the service without a compatible one.

Check to see if your credit card was charged.  If it was, put the sim card into your phone to see if it works.  The failure message could have been in error.

Tishie1

I have tried 3 times on my cellphone. I could try on my computer...

Do I need to unlock it if I am with koodo? Apparently they are somewhat connected to public mobility...

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried switching to a different browser to complete the activation process? I know when the lady at Walmart was activating my service today, she had to switch browsers to make it work (which from what she said, is something that she has to do quite often when signing people up with Public Mobile).

Right after she switched browsers, we filled in the details again and it went through just fine.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Tishie1 wrote:

If you have enter your credit card information...you will need the moderator to check your activation for you...write a message here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and they will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

IF your phone is locked to another company you will need to unlock it to have service. Try another Sim in your phone to know if your phone is locked... perhaps....

Need Help? Let's chat.