cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I have a situation and need help.

Face
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Moto Z Force was recently dropped and now is unresponsive in all manners. I have to send it off for repairs,  however in the meantime I needed a working phone. I purchased a prepaid Verizon phone and removed my sim from the Moto and installed it in the prepaid phone. However,  now I can only send text and use Wi-Fi? No, calls or data is currently working... Help? 

7 REPLIES 7

Sometimes with these Verizon phones, you will need to go into the network settings and set the prefered network type to either  LTE or 3g.  Even if it already says LTE, select it again (or you can choose 3g).  Calling would now work, at least with an example such as the Moto E4 devices from Verizon.

Because of the software on these phones, they don't always immediately connect to any HSPA networks.  And because Public Mobile doesn't do phone calls over LTE, that's why your calls won't work.

As for data, that is likley going to be purely an Access Point setting thing.   Rember though that the APN settings don't have anything to do with your phone calls not working.

When it comes to the Verizon ZTE Blade Vantage, I hope for your sake that this isn't a phone that doesn't have HSPA support. 

According to https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphones/zte-blade-vantage-prepaid/ , this model is "Verizon's first-ever LTE-only Prepaid smartphone".  So, clearly this phone doesn't even connect to Verizon's older CDMA network, but they don't really specify anything about compatibility with HSPA.   If this phone doesn't support HSPA connections, you will not be able to use this phone for phone calls on Public Mobile.

The bands supported by PM are listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Face wrote:

Okay,  I looked at the link and can't see anything that could help me with my issue. I had a Moto Z Force and I purchased a Blade Vantage prepaid phone for temporary use and for some reason all my efforts to adjust the phone settings have failed.  I can text but no calls or data can be used, I can use Wi-Fi but nothing  else. 

When you say you didn't see anything that could help you, what do you mean? Is the APN present and active and all fields are correct as per @AlexOfAnders's link?

Is mobile data enabled? What is the "preferred network type" set to (look in your Settings, usually under a section named "Network" or similar)?

Does it say it's connected to "Public Mobile" anywhere?

You've said you can send texts - does this mean you are also able to receive them?

I don't know much about your phone, unfortunately - willmyphonework.net doesn't list it. My first thought is that it might not be compatible with Telus/PM. Can you find the specs and list them?

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We'll see if anyone else has any ideas but you may want to send a message to the @CS_Agent to see if they can help in the meantime, here's a link to start one: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The response may take a few hours as they reply in the order they recieve messages.

Face

Okay,  I looked at the link and can't see anything that could help me with my issue. I had a Moto Z Force and I purchased a Blade Vantage prepaid phone for temporary use and for some reason all my efforts to adjust the phone settings have failed.  I can text but no calls or data can be used, I can use Wi-Fi but nothing  else. 

Face

Thanks, I will try that link and see if that helps. 

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think we may need some more details on the type of phone you're trying to us your sim in now but it sounds like maybe the APN needs to be set up for data https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

Try following that KB article and if it fails, please post what type of phone you're using and I'm sure we can help you get it sorted.

Need Help? Let's chat.