cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up text for payment

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got this text as I'm sure we all do. I searched for prior discussion about it and found a Martin - Legend thread about it hinting at some kind of change in the system. Well...it hasn't.

So I'm wondering that with some customers coming on saying they're suspended from either no payment or autopay failure...the payment due date in the text is the day of the new service. But in actuality the payment due date should be the last day of service.

Yes it says if on autopay or if enough funds then to ignore it but I do kinda think this is erroneous confusing information to give to customers. I have seen this a few times in the recent past where someone says they think they can top up on that payment due date only to discover that they're suspended.

I think the payment due date in the text should change to the last day of service.

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm wondering that with some customers coming on saying they're suspended from either no payment or autopay failure...the payment due date in the text is the day of the new service. But in actuality the payment due date should be the last day of service.

Yes it says if on autopay or if enough funds then to ignore it but I do kinda think this is erroneous confusing information to give to customers. I have seen this a few times in the recent past where someone says they think they can top up on that payment due date only to discover that they're suspended.

I think the payment due date in the text should change to the last day of service.

The date listed as payment due date in self-serve is already is the last day of service.

I do know the point that you're trying to make, because otherwise, people would think that they had until the end of the date to pay. The text message reminder is different?  I've never paid any attention to it, and usually just filter these texts out as unwanted, similar to spam.

I'm sure that you already know that in the self-serve rewards section, you'll actulaly see "Your next plan cycle starts:" and then a date.  This date is actually the date of the start of the new billing cycle, and is listed as 1 day after the payment due date.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@Dankaroo wrote:

Does Telus do this as well? If not it will probably be addressed.

@Dankaroo probably should say Koodo.  PM and pre-paid Koodo share a back-end system.  I would imagine pre-paid Koodo users get these same texts.

I got them when I was with Freedom and they would even on occasion mess up the amount (double charge) but when they were still Wind that never happened.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dankaroo wrote:

@Dankaroo probably should say Koodo.  PM and pre-paid Koodo share a back-end system.  I would imagine pre-paid Koodo users get these same texts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got this text as I'm sure we all do. I searched for prior discussion about it and found a Martin - Legend thread about it hinting at some kind of change in the system. Well...it hasn't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, that would be in-line with the dates that are in the self serve portal.   The payment due date is the day before the actual renewal date of the plan.  Should be easy enough to fix, but unfortunately, I doubt anything will be done about it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.