Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a question on this

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I have a Sim from Travelsim, and Country Code is +372

Estonia

Is it covered under the Global L-D, or NOT?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@makkahn28  - in order to use Fongo, they would have to be connected to the internet - either by cell data plan, or wifi.

How would Fongo work exactly?

PM being limited, Fongo has No Sim, How can it be used per say?

@makkahn28 You could use an app like Whats App or Viber instead. Or they could buy a SIM there and get a temporary plan, rates in most countries are cheaper than Canada. With PM you can receive calls from anywhere, you just can't make calls. They could also sign up for Fongo, it's cheap and you should be able to call them as if they were in Canada.

Found out that Travelsim's Country Code # are Estonian

What Roaming Sims are competitive?

Roam Mobility is ONLY US/Can

What other exists out there?

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@makkahn28 wrote:

@Pizzaeh , My Parents are going on Vacation to Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam

I know PM has No Roaming beyond the US

The Rates Travelsim have are INSANELY Expensive

If you want to call back to US/Canada in these countries AND you have internet while travelling, try TextNow. They'll give you a free US phone number and you can text/call any US/Canadian number for free (Refer to their rates for calling other countries, can't text other countries). All you need is internet. You can rent a pocket wi-fi if you need it anywhere, compare prices beforehand.

Travelsim is what I ordered as my Parents need a Sim for their Vacation

Just saying, No where is cheap

Travelsim uses European Country Code

They're a European Co

@Pizzaeh , My Parents are going on Vacation to Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam

I know PM has No Roaming beyond the US

The Rates Travelsim have are INSANELY Expensive

Long Distance Calling

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

The Text rate for Vietnam is like $1.31

Talk is like $0.77 per Min

Data is $0.3 per MB

Taiwan, Text, $0.85 per Message

Talk is $0.85 Per Min

Data same rate

Text for Singapore: $1.31 Per Text

Talk is $0.69 Per Min

Data is same

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

I have a Sim from Travelsim, and Country Code is +372

Estonia

Is it covered under the Global L-D, or NOT?

Not sure what your Travelsim has to do with Public Mobile, but for the Public Mobile long-distance add-on, but you have to be in Canada, and calling to any of these countries listed.  Not what you need, based on your post.  Someone can correct me if I'm out in left field.

"400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela."

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To reduce costs, cheap carrier doesn't allow roamings. Please explain what is Global L-D?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Also, the rates from them are Insane

Really wished PM had their OWN Roaming Packages that covered Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, HK, Macau, Japan, Etc, as well as Had their Global L-D Expanded beyond the Infamous 18

Need Help? Let's chat.