cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Canada and US long Distance; can't dial a 647 number; or 416; or 613....

dmsb001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a new plan.

I ordered "Provincial" calls.  But "we cannot complete your call.  you don't have an active long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan"  when I dial a 647 number.  I can call usa area codes but not 647  also tried 613.  416.  Nope.

Hmm

So I paid an additional $8 for the US-Canada long distance add-on.  In the Purchase History it is listed as "U.S. L.D."< not Canada?

Then I call 647 numbers after buying this Addon.Same message.

1.  I want the $8 back.

2.  How can I actually connect to a 647 number? or a 416 number? or a 613 number? 

Wth.  

11 REPLIES 11

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @dmsb001,

We've replied to your message, please check your inbox.

Cheers,

Syed

What did you mean with  AND turning on and off??? Is it your phone you have closed and open?? Excuse-me I want to understand well.. @dmsb001

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone. didn't worked for you??

dmsb001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Turning on and off didnt work.

Suspending service AND turning on and off while waiting to Resume service DID work!

thx!

Now..how to get the $8 back?

Yes, the Ottawa area is a hard sell on a Province wide plan, due to the distance to the Quebec border, and getting connections on the wrong side of that border.

The $8 and $15 long distance addons will help this issue, but switching to a Canada Wide plan is the best option if this is a constant issue.

Public Mobile does not support ‘local’ calling.  I truly believe they should, as this is an issue in other locations in Canada, not just in Ottawa.

@kav2001c wrote:

Adding a long distance option won't fix this, they need to acknowledge the NCR

Why wouldn't the LD add-on work in that case? Being in Ontario and connecting to towers located in Ottawa, you can still place a call to anyone in Canada since you have the LD add-on?

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

613 is tricky sometimes... are you located around Ottawa?

If the system is picking you up on a Gatineau tower you won't be able to call any Ontario numbers despite physically being located in Ontario

Adding a long distance option won't fix this, they need to acknowledge the NCR

@dmsb001 Have you tried dialing the number with 1 in front? If that does not work, you will need to reach out to the moderator team as mentioned above and they'll get it fixed. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry for you @dmsb001

I had the same problem last week...I needed the help from the moderator...they fixed it...you can write a message here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain what happened. You can ask for the add-on too...the waiting time is few hours to 2 days...patienceSmiley Frustrated

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@dmsb001 If you have the proper LD then try restarting your phone and if that does not work try this.

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@dmsb001 wrote:

I just bought a new plan.

I ordered "Provincial" calls.  But "we cannot complete your call.  you don't have an active long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan"  when I dial a 647 number.  I can call usa area codes but not 647  also tried 613.  416.  Nope.

Hmm

So I paid an additional $8 for the US-Canada long distance add-on.  In the Purchase History it is listed as "U.S. L.D."< not Canada?

Then I call 647 numbers after buying this Addon.Same message.

1.  I want the $8 back.

2.  How can I actually connect to a 647 number? or a 416 number? or a 613 number? 

Wth.  

Hi,

Confirm in your transaction history that you have purchased the Canada/U.S. LD and not a U.S. roaming add-on?

EDIT: What is your base plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.