cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halifax

Scoop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm am former PM employee, happy with my service. I want to PM buy a phone and a plan for my son in Halifax. Will that work? Can he get a Halifax number? What would you suggest?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

That's a very thoughtful and practical present. I wish more people would give gift of such nature over the holidays.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's great news 🙂 I'm sure he's thrilled.

Scoop

I did get the phone set up for my son in Halifax.  Used my Old Galaxy 2 which still works fine and signed him for unlimited talk and tex Canada for $40 backs. He headed back to Halifax today with a phone. He hasn't had one for a while. GAve it to him as an xmas present

Thanks for all the help on here.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Scoop hopefully you got everything up and running 🙂

@Scoop 90 vs 30 day savings FYI: 90 Day Plan Savings

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Those are the different plan durations. You can choose either one, but generally the longer the duration the cheaper the average daily price of the plan. For instance 3 times the price of the 10 day plan would generally be more than the price of a similar plan of 30 day duration. And 3 times the price of the 30 day plan would generally be more than the price of a similar plan of 90 day duration.

Hope this helps.

Scoop

Hi Guys
I'm tryingh to set my son's phone up. When picking a plan there is a heading to the left that lists

10 day 30 day or 90 day pass--What does this mean which one should I choose

Thanks

You're welcome. Good luck.

Scoop

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I got it straight. May need some help activating the phone----we'll see

@Scoop I can confirm that the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini, and the Samsung Galaxy Ace II X (sold by PM last summer) will both work on Telus' 3G network without a problem.

First step is to get a new SIM card (since you're in Ontario, you should get it within a week). When you're activating the SIM, you'll be able to choose what number you want. You can just select a Halifax number at that time without a problem.

EDIT: I guess I was typing out my response just as @Luddite was posting the one above.

@Scoop wrote:

I have a Samsung phone left over from my PM days that will work. So I just order a SIM card and sign it up. I plan on paying for the acct for the time being. How do I get a Halifax number attached. Do I have to start with a Local number?  Ontario that iis? Any help APP

Yes, then just order a SIM card and sign up. Have not heard of issues with old PM account user names, however there have been odd issues with Koodo/Telus email addresses. So I suggest you use a different email address when you have received the SIM and are activating.

Concerning Halifax number, are you trying to use a current Halifax number? If not, when you activate you will be asked to choose a city and be offered several phone numbers; so choose Halifax or the nearest local area offered.

Scoop

I have a Samsung phone left over from my PM days that will work. So I just order a SIM card and sign it up. I plan on paying for the acct for the time being. How do I get a Halifax number attached. Do I have to start with a Local number?  Ontario that iis? Any help APP

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Anywhere Telus operates, PM does; check their coverage map on the PM web site.

You start by ordering a SIM (free) and getting a suitable phone. Try perusing these posts:

Where can I buy a phone to use with Public Mobile?             

Get any Roger or Fido iphone unlocked for $13 to w...             

Risk Free Activation - costs $10

Be sure any phone you get is compatible with PM network, is unlocked, or a Telus/Koodo phone.

As far as a Halifax specific phone mumber, I am not sure. Since the lowest plan includes provincial wide calling, that's likely not an issue.

Please ask any other questions that might help you.

Mayor / Maire

Just to make sure I understand, you're saying you'd like to buy an older device that PM originally sold?

Or are you looking to buy any device, as long as you're sure it'll work with PM?

If the latter, then you can easily buy any Telus device and know for sure that it'll work on the PM network. And yes, your son will be able to get a Halifax number without a problem.

If the former, please note that a lot of the older PM devices were CDMA only, and will not work on the Telus 3G/4G network that PM now uses.

Need Help? Let's chat.