cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUMAN!!!!!!!

Badmistakes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I NEED TO TALK TO A HUMAN!!!!

For whatever reason public mobile never took out the monthly payment from my credit card so they cancelled my service. Called my credit card company, my card is fine. Long story...I have since left this terrible managed company because I had no easy way to speak with a human. I need to make sure this account is closed and they won't try and take money from me. 

21 REPLIES 21

@sheytoon wrote:

@Badmistakes unfortunately PM only has online support. There is no call centre or option to speak with a human.

As for porting your number out, it can still be done. Just create a ticket with the moderators and mention what happened. Ask them to reactivate the account and confirm the account number, name, phone number, address on file.

Use that info to port your number to the new provider.

Good luck!

@Badmistakes  @sheytoon is absolutely right. Once you are in contact with the moderator they can reactivate your account most likely on the cheapest plan ( $15). Have them remove your credit card and your account Will again suspend n 30 days and close after 90 days unless you port out your number and it will then close permanently. Enjoy your pm service for a few weeks and then port out your number. Maybe you'll change your mind? Can't hurt...you have at least discovered the community is here for you.

@Badmistakes unfortunately PM only has online support. There is no call centre or option to speak with a human.

As for porting your number out, it can still be done. Just create a ticket with the moderators and mention what happened. Ask them to reactivate the account and confirm the account number, name, phone number, address on file.

Use that info to port your number to the new provider.

Good luck!

If you already contacted moderators just stay put, hopefully they will get back to you soon. You will receive private message and also an email.

Best luck

Badmistakes

That was my first step. Nothing I've tried everything. I just need to speak with someone....who knew it would be this difficult.

@Badmistakes Try dialling 611 with the PM SIM installed. Unless it has been more than 90 days since your plan was suspended, you should be able to add a voucher to reactivate your account. Once it reactivates, you will be able to port out your number.

Voucher locations: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Vouchers on-line: recharge.com , https://www.ding.com , https://www.muskbird.com/public-mobile-instant-top-up/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

You should have come here as soon as you realised something is wrong, the community or moderators could have helped you. It is not so uncommon to misspell, moderators can definitely help with it. People who work in stores unfortunately can't. How long has it been since your phone suspended? If it's under90 days you still have c chance to retrieve it with the help of moderators. If it was more you could go to your original provider who initially provided the number and try to retrieve it.

@Badmistakes Personal msg through this forum. Click on the envelope on the top right corner. If you like, I'll send you a test msg if you have never gotten one before.

Badmistakes

Thanks.

@Badmistakes  You will receive a private message from the moderator_Team to this account. Just check top right of your screen for a red dot displaying on top of your mail icon.

Badmistakes

I've been trying to do that. Would have saved many hours of my time if I could have had a 5 minute conversation with someone. I just hope someone sends a msg to my account on this thing, or calls me on my new number that I msgd them

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Badmistakes  If your ported your phone number out to a new provider the account was automatically closed so there is no need to submit a ticket. If you did not port out then submit a ticket and ask the moderator to remove your cc info and disable autopay.

Badmistakes

Thank you for the moderator contact.

Badmistakes

They added a letter in the email..after I left the kiosk I couldn't set up the self serve account. I went to kiosks 3 times for them to call someone from public mobile, but they couldn't help me

Oh, ok. the Equifax thing sounded like a Koodo issue.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team

Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Badmistakes

I couldn't port my number since it was suspended

@Badmistakes wrote:

I submitted some sort of ticket. How will they contact me? Because my public mobile cell phone number doesn't work. I couldn't port the number over that I have had for many many years. I had to get a new number!!!! When I signed up for this terrible company they messed up my email address and I couldn't create an account so I can't sign into anything! 

You really need to contact the moderators now if you didn't setup a self serve account.  Now not saying PM is perfect but I am not sure how they would mess up your email address or why you never looked into that part sooner to have it looked after when you found out you couldn't create an account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Badmistakes wrote:

I NEED TO TALK TO A HUMAN!!!!

For whatever reason public mobile never took out the monthly payment from my credit card so they cancelled my service. Called my credit card company, my card is fine. Long story...I have since left this terrible managed company because I had no easy way to speak with a human. I need to make sure this account is closed and they won't try and take money from me. 

If you ported out your number your account has been closed.  You shouldn't be able to log into your account as it will be closed as it is recommended that if you are leaving to remove your credit card from the autopayment system as an extra precaution.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Badmistakes

I submitted some sort of ticket. How will they contact me? Because my public mobile cell phone number doesn't work. I couldn't port the number over that I have had for many many years. I had to get a new number!!!! When I signed up for this terrible company they messed up my email address and I couldn't create an account so I can't sign into anything! 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@BadmistakesAll you need to do is to click on Manage My Card.. remove your card and your account will be closed in 90 days of non activity

Manage AutopayManage Autopay

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team

Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Badmistakes   click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and the moderators will get back to you soon and help you out with that!  Too bad you had a bad experience with public mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.